27| Keep the Faith

A/N- I'm sorry for the late update! It took me longer than expected to write this so I hope y'all enjoy!

GIOVANNI DELUCA

ONE WEEK LATER...

"Listen, DeLuca, I know shits hard right now. You have to go to this meeting though. You have to get out of bed." Leo sat next to me on my bed, lecturing me about my recent behavior.

I will be honest. I haven't been keeping up with business or anything for that matter.

I can't bring myself to do much of anything. Tessa still hasn't woken up and for that, my heart continuously aches.

I'm not a person who cries or just let's go of themselves so easily, her being in this state makes me like this though.

Each morning, seconds after I wake up, I forget about it all. Just for the first few minutes after my eyes open, I forget that Tessa isn't next to me. I forget what I've done to her. I forget everything.

However, the remembrance is what brings me back. I begin remembering it all. I remember how she looked when I found her. I remember the way she looked so lifeless and how limp her body felt when I held her. I remember her radiant skin being washed with a pale color and a frenzy of bruises. And then I remember where she is now, and where she's spent the last week.

At first, I tried being there all day, everyday. However, my persistent, Italian mother made me come home. She told me that sitting by Tessa's side isn't going to wake her up any faster. She insists on me coming home, showering and at least eating something each day. I have no choice but to oblige.

"Giovanni? Come on. The meeting starts in five minutes." Leo continued to bug and nudge me about some bullshit business meeting.

"Leo?" I said, quickly, sarcastically softening my demeanor.

"Sì?"

(Yes?)

"Get the fuck out of my room." I cursed, making him roll his eyes, paired with a sigh before leaving the room.

"Gi-"

"Get. Out." I spoke in a warning tone making him leave while throwing his hands up in the air.

While I understand that Leo is trying to help by submerging me in work, it's annoying. I'm grateful for him, I really am. However, I'm not super into showing abundances of gratitude lately if that wasn't already apparent.

I shuffled from my seat position on the edge of my bed to laying on my side, in the middle of the bed. I grabbed one of Tessa's most frequently worn sweaters and held it in my arms. Her comforting smell is so bittersweet but always so comforting. She smells so sweet and comforting and the sweater held onto the smell.

Finally my eyes fell shut as I've gotten more than thirty seconds of peace as of now. I can simply take a nap before leaving to go sit with Tessa.

In a search of sleep, my mind starts wondering. Just as it comes to a halt, someone softly knocked on my bedroom door. Who the fuck is that?