5| Problems

GIOVANNI DELUCA

GIOVANNI DELUCA

"No! Please! I'm sorry dad." I was awoken by a sleeping Tessa, tossing and turning in my arms in obvious distress.

"Tess." I groaned in an attempt to wake her up.

"No." she flung her arm outwards.

"Tesoro, it's okay. You're having a bad dream." I stroked the side of her head with the backside of my hand as it was coated with sweat.

"Gio?" she sounded confused.

"It's me. I'm here." she held onto me tightly and slowly drifted back to sleep.

" she held onto me tightly and slowly drifted back to sleep

TESSA SARIANO

    I woke up to the sound of a whirring vacuum and the sight of the beaming sun.

    The sound of vacuuming didn't seem to be very uncommon around here. I swear the maids manage to vacuum this place like twenty times a day. I beginning to believe that they just clean things that are already clean to avoid being yelled at or fired.

    The absence of Gio hadn't really confused me as I know he must have people to beat up or something. Him telling me what his job is seemed like no big deal as I had just found out that he was still alive.

    Within a few minutes of thinking, all of my horrors came back to me.

    The memories of shooting Gio's uncle and having a nightmare last night made me cringe.

    In the time that I though Gio was dead, I always dreaded this part of my mornings. I would wake up and just for a moment, things would be okay. Sometimes, I'd sit there and look out of my window for a few minutes. That doesn't last though. You get to relax for a few moments, it finally feels like you can breathe and then you remember that your person is gone.

    Each and every morning for five, treacherous years, I had to wake up only to remember that Gio was gone. It was like being stabbed in the heart each day, sometimes multiple times in one day. If something reminded me of him, I just felt more pain.

My thoughts were interrupted by a soft knock at the door.

"Come in." I said loudly.

"G-Goodmoring Ms.Sariano, breakfast is reading and Mr.DeLuca would like for you to join him downstairs."

"Join him?" I asked.

"Yes, for breakfast, Miss."

"Okay, thank you Marcela."

"Oh, Miss?" I turned my attention back to Marcela who seemed eager to inform me of something else.

"Check your closet." she said before exiting the room.

    Check the closet? Why?

    I slid both doors of the large closet open and stepped inside only to be met with boatloads of clothes. There were designer handbags on the very top shelf, at least fifty pairs of shoes ranging from Jordan's to Jimmy Choo's. Oh my god. Am I in heaven?

    I found myself squealing like a child as I danced around inside the beautiful closet.

    Remembering that a certain someone wanted to see me, I rushed to put together a cute outfit before heading downstairs. I chose a pair of dark, muddy green cargo pants, a black bodysuit, some sneakers and a Louis Vuitton bag. I also relished in the jewelry area of the closet and picked some items from there.

I held the bag carefully as I felt like I shouldn't even be touching something so expensive

I got slightly lost in trying to find Gio and found myself wandering.

"Gio?" I called out and received no answer.

I turned the corner as I reached the end of the long hallway and suddenly collided with a hard chest.

"Right here, Tesoro." he looked down at me before turning around and leading me to the dining room.

He said nothing until we finally made it to the table where an abundance of food was laying there for him and I.

"Why did you ask for me to join you? Don't you have people to kill and drugs to sell." I immediately regretted the words as they came out of my mouth. There's just still so much pent up anger that is released at anytime and I feel so shitty because of it.

"I wanted- needed to speak with you." he ignored my previous comment. He's good at ignoring things.

"About?"

"You know how I told you that you could leave whenever you want?" he began looking at me with guilt while attempting to detect my current emotion.

"Yes and I told you I'd stay for a little while longer."

"Well, Bella, a little while just turned into a long while."

"What? Why?"

756 words 🤍

A/N- if you're here from tiktok...hi!! thanks for reading ❤️

-defnottb ❤️