12| Investigation

GIOVANNI DELUCA

GIOVANNI DELUCA

    I looked over at Tessa who has thrown millions of shopping bags at me. She looked very confused, maybe even a little sad.

"Tesoro, what's wrong?" I asked, watching as she played with her bracelet.

"Gio, that woman looked and sounded exactly like my mother. I must be going crazy. Right?" she looked up and over at me, confusion took over her expression.

    She's right. That woman looked and sounded just like Lauren, her mom.

"Lots of people look alike, Tesoro. It happens." I played it cool and replied simply.

"Mhm." she hummed in response before jumping into a conversation with Chiara as we walked to the car.

"Leo." I called him over as I slowly moved behind the girls to talk to him in a more private setting.

"Yes?"

"Tessa was almost implying that the woman she bumped into could be her mom."

"I doubt that." he said, almost immediately.

"What if she gets skeptical?" I anxiously questioned.

"It's been years man, I'm sure she doesn't truly think her mother is alive."

    I truly hope not. If I tell her the truth, she'll hate me. Seriously.

    And how could she not be skeptical about death after what I've done to her? If I tell Tessa that her mother is still alive after eight years, she just might end up hating me this time. She's an angel, and she says she isn't capable of hating me. In reality, I just don't think she knows what I'm capable of doing and hiding.

    The last thing I ever wanted was to hurt her.

    The night that her parents died was a little different than what people know.

"Listen to me Giovanni, tell me when her parents leave the house. My men will be waiting." my father spoke through the phone as I stood in our front yard watching David and Lauren get into their car.

    I had a terrible feeling about this.

    I knew of my dads line of work, but at this point, he'd just started training me. He had already taught me to fight. Now, he was teaching me how to work different guns and overall how the business works.

    Despite my fear, there was only one important thing on my mind. Actually, one thing that hasn't left my mind for years. Tessa.

    Now, as morbid as it sounds, she absolutely hated her father and wouldn't miss the bastard much. As a matter of fact, he's the reason we did this whole thing. Not only did he hurt my girl, physically and mentally, but he owed money to my father. He was apart of a drug deal and ended up taking more than he bought. $75,000 more to be exact.