20| Mafia Gala

TESSA SARIANO

TESSA SARIANO

1 week later...

    It has been a week since I've been sick. Gio's doctor, Dr.Mariano gave me some medicine that helped me get better in no time. She even came back yesterday to confirm that I'm better and Gio is still unsure. I've even slept next to him for the past week. I think it makes both of us feel better.

    I am now observing Gios room while he takes a shower.

    I feel like I haven't done much observing. I've just now noticed the small, abstract painting on the wall next to the bathroom. The painting is so simple, yet so beautiful. The background is white, there are free brush strokes along the canvas with black paint. I think my favorite part is the small specks of gold foil scattered about.

    My head turned away from the painting and over to the bathroom door. The door opened slowly and revealed a shirtless, wet haired Gio. He wore slacks but remained without a shirt. His perfectly chiseled body was on display.

    He's the sexiest man I've ever seen.

    Shut up.

"Tesoro?" he snapped me out of my trance.

"Hm?" I became more aware but didn't look away from him.

    His smirk began growing as he realized that I was checking him out.

"That flu is all cleared up, yes?" he began rummaging through his closet.

"Yes...why?"

"Well, we have an event to attend tonight." he said.

    What event?

"An event? Sounds fun." I flipped onto my stomach, laying across the bed with my hands propping my head up.

"No. It's not. Not for me at least."

"Why not?" I curiously pried.

"Because I'm running it, bambina."

    I don't know the extent of these DeLuca galas, but I do remember Gio going to them. He started at fifteen. The first time, he came to my house in a suit looking amazing. When I asked where he was going he told me that his father was dragging him to a fundraising gala that he ran. I also asked if I could go and each time he told me no so the fact that I get to see what it's all about is exciting.

"This is the event you attend yearly when we were younger, right?" I asked.

"Yes."

"I can't wait!" he gave me an annoyed look while also fighting off a smile.

    He was about to speak until he was cut off by a phone call.

"Okay. I'll be there soon." he sighed, rubbing his temple.