thirty five.

35

35. |  ʙɪʀᴛʜᴅᴀʏ ᴅɪɴɴᴇʀꜱ

☆★⋆。°✩☾★ *ੈ✩‧₊˚˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖✧˖°

| 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚢 | 𝟷𝟿𝚝𝚑 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟸 |

𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐓𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘, Mason has felt the silent treatment from his roommate. At first, he thought it was a coincidence. The girl had stayed in her room for most of the day, only coming down to eat. But then he noticed Y/N was actively trying to avoid him at the training facility.

He then thought about the argument they had after Mason's dinner with Robyn, sparking Y/N's 'said' silent treatment.

By this time, Robyn had already left. Mason had walked the girl out and returned to the kitchen, cleaning up the dinner they shared. While he washed the dishes, Mason felt a bit guilty, reflecting on his previous actions.

When he finished, he made his way upstairs, hoping to see Y/N. He reached the top of the stairs and noticed the girl walking out of her room with a blanket in her hand. The girl looked up and stopped, noticing Mason standing in front of her.

The football player mustered up the courage to speak first, his voice filled with genuine regret. "Y/N, I... I messed up tonight. I should have considered your feelings before blurting out that I made the dinner for Robyn. I'm really sorry."

Y/N glanced around him, her eyes still glistening with unshed tears, but she listened attentively, waiting for Mason to continue.

"I know I can't undo what I said," Mason continued, his voice now softer and laced with a newfound sincerity. "I'm really sorry."

Y/N's emotions were a whirlwind, a mix of hurt, embarrassment, and frustration. Mason's words seemed like too little, too late. She felt a surge of anger building within her, and she couldn't hold it back any longer.

Her voice quivered with a mix of hurt and indignation as she interrupted Mason, her tone laced with frustration. "You're sorry? That's all you have to say? After embarrassing me in front of my coworker like that?"

Mason's eyes widened, realizing the depth of Y/N's anger. To be honest, he had never seen the girl so angry before. This was a new experience for him. Mason stumbled for words, trying to find the right way to express his regret as he held his hands up a bit defensively.

"I... I didn't mean to hurt you like that. I know I messed up, Y/N. I should have handled the situation differently. I never wanted to embarrass you. I just didn't know how to handle the unexpected situation with Robyn," Mason stammered, his voice tinged with regret.

Y/N's anger intensified, her frustration bubbling over. "You didn't know how to handle it? Well, you could have at least considered how it would make me feel! I spent so long cooking that meal. And what did you do? You made me feel like I was nothing like my efforts were meaningless."