"Parting Gift." Rantaro Amami x Reader (nsfw)

cw: teacher/student
I've never written with this man so it's my first time with it; so cut me some slack lololol
cross posted on ao3

MATURE

Another day after school. It was pretty normal for you to stick around campus. Today you were meeting with your math tutor, Rantaro Amami. (he always corrected you when you called him by his first name.) He was your tutor after all. That was it. You met on certain days, but he had asked for you to come to see him that afternoon. Usually, you'd meet in the campus library, but that day had a change of scenery. It's not that you minded or anything. You always looked forward to seeing him. (even if math was never your strong suit.) You paused right by the classroom door, gripping your cross bag.

__

"There you are," Rantaro acknowledged your presence but hadn't looked up from the teacher's desk yet. "I was starting to think you were flaking out on me." He softly laughed to himself, finally lifting his head up to see you. "You wouldn't do that to your big brother .. would you?" He asked. You couldn't tell if he was teasing you or not. "No way." You shook your head, giving in the contagious smile on his face. "Cmon , Cmon - I was just thinking about you." He waved you over, pushing himself out from the teacher's desk. (casually borrowing the computer chair.) "Yeah? Is that why you wanted to meet today?" You asked, making your way over to him. "You're a smart one, you know that? Taking the words right out my mouth."

__

You made yourself comfortable in an empty desk, pulling your math book out of your bag. You weren't sure that you had much left to do, being close to summer break and all. "Would you look at that?" Rantaro pushed your workbook towards you, "You've finished your assignments .."

"You did a good job too! I'm impressed." He definitely sounded that way, such a carefree face staring back at you. "I shouldn't be though." He flipped to the first page, only to close it. "I always knew you had it in you! You did so good!" He continued, getting you a bit flustered with the compliments. "That's why you're my favourite." He added, sincere with those words. You glanced down at your book, knowing how hard it was for him to teach you long division. (he enjoyed it though.) "Do you really mean that?" You questioned, glancing back up at him. "I wouldn't say that stuff if I didn't mean it." He assured you, "I really care about you-" He paused, leaning over the desk. "If you weren't my student, I'd probably be crushing on you." He confessed, watching your cheeks smother a blotchy red. Before you could think of something to say, he was already grinning.

"I'm just joking! You do mean something to me though. After all this time of being your tutor .. I think you've grown on me." He spoke with confidence, no hesitation in those words. While also sounding so condescending. "It's rough but.." He sighed, looking away from you. (was it hard to say it to your face?) "This is my last day here." He glanced back at you, struggling to meet your eyes. "Your last day? What do you mean? So-You .. You're leaving?!" You could've jumped right out of your seat when hearing that. "Woah there! It's-It's alright." He reached out to take one of your hands. "This is kinda embarrassing." He scoffed, placing his fingers over your knuckles. "It isn't like I want to. It's selfish of me. I just .. I can't stay here any longer." He sighed, rubbing his thumb past the top of your hand. (self-soothing?) "I don't want to hurt you, I want to protect you, but I know I can't do that."

"Of course you can, Rantaro! You've gotten me this far! And-And I'll miss you so much!" You pouted, the fingers beneath his grew shaky. "Oh .. C'mon .." His free hand moved to your cheek, "Don't start crying over me." He tried consoling you, sweeping those stray tears off your face. Surely, the metal of his rings were cool against your warm skin. "I'll miss my star student too." He let out a breath, tilting his head towards you. "Listen," He pressed those fingers against your face, half-holding you there. "You mean so much to me. From the first day we met I saw something in you. Something everyone else here lacks. Mhm." He nodded.