Episode-16

Aishu struggled to breathe in between her continuous sobs which made Atharv panick.

He rushed towards the dining table and grabbed an empty glass. He filled the glass with water and ran to Aishu again.

He neared the glass to her mouth and fed her the water. She started coughing badly and drank the water fed by him to soothe her throat which was sore.

She pushed glass slowly shaking her head in a horizontal way when she had enough water.

Atharv: Naan solradha kelu! Please! I know! That was a huge mistake! But understand me! That was one sin which I used to do before marriage.... Aana ennala kalyanathuku aprom adha vida mudila! Sex became my drug and it wasn't easy for me to stop it abruptly. Naan......

Atharv words were lost in the air a strong slap fell on his cheek. Aishu was shocked as she held his shoulder to stop him from falling due to the sudden act.

The couple lifted their head together and found Raghav, Aishu's father standing there with enraged eyes.

Before the couple could understand what happened, Raghav held Atharv's collar and started hitting him black and blue. Atharv was trying to stop the older man from hitting him but Raghav didn't budge.

Aishu kept crying hard asking her father to stop hitting her husband, Priya who was all the while watching the happenings, held her daughter from nearing the men and stopped her.

Raghav: Unna nambi en ponna katti kodutha nee vera ponnunga kooda irundhu en ponnu-ku dhrogam panriya?

And the couple understood with that one statement that Raghav and Priya the whole conversation between.

Both of them wanted to visit them and they found a girl walking out of the villa. They entered inside the house in confusion only to get shocked with the news they heard.

Raghav kept punching and slapping Atharv who looked very weak. Aishu tried her best to convince her father to stop him from hitting Atharv. Atharv looked very frail with the bruises and blood stains that he couldn't even defend himself. He kept murmuring asking Raghav to spare him.

Atharv didn't try to hurt Raghav back as he knew that his anger was fair. As a father, he definitely wouldn't like his daughter's life to get destroyed by sinners like him. And that's what made him to accept Raghav's thrashing.

Aishu fell on her father's feet to stop attacking Atharv. Though she was disappointed and broken with Atharv's deeds, she definitely didn't want her husband to get hit. Seeing him like a fragile baby without any strength, her worry increased. Her heart ached seeing him with the blood stains on his face.

Before she could comprehend what was happening, she was pulled outside the house by her father. She kept glancing at Atharv who was lying on the floor with closed eyes but murmuring her name in a feeble voice. She requested her father to leave her back to her husband but his father's mind was clouded with anger which blinded his care towards his daughter.

Aishu for the last time turned towards her husband to see him trying to get up with the support of the coffee table. She heard him yelling her name which made her weep heard. She was literally thrown inside her father's car and the car zoomed off.

------------

Atharv stood up from the floor still calling out Aishu's name. He looked around with his blurred vision to find none around him. The whole house was empty. His body ached like hell but his heart pained more. His heart was not accepting the fact that Aishu was not present in his house with him now.

Aishu has never left the house once even for shopping groceries or other emergencies from the time they have got married. Atharv has never restricted her but she never leaves the house. She stays alone and that's why, whenever Atharv is home he was used to Aishu's presence around him. But not having her near him felt like it was the for the first time he was being alone in his whole lifetime.