Episode-24

Atharv walked out of his cabin when he bumped into Roze. He stood rubbing his head silently which was unusual but Roze was used to his friend being silent nowadays as he was well aware of Aishu's divorce discussion and Atharv's confession.

Roze: Enga da kelambita?

Atharv: Onnum illa..... Summa....

Roze: Dei! Sollu!

Atharv: Veetuku poitu varen......

Roze: Amma va paaka poriya?

Atharv nodded his head absent minded. Roze sighed and spoke:

Roze: Seri nee po.... Naan mail anupitu varen.....

Roze didn't stop him as he knew his mood.

Atharv: Dei.... Nee enga vara?

Roze: En veetuku naan ponuma poga koodadha-nu nee solladha! Naan varen, aprom naama rendu perum konjam veliya poitu varlaam.......

Atharv sighed feeling defeated. He simply nodded walking away. He reached the parking soon and stopped the driver saying he would drive himself.

Atharv simply drove with hundreds of thoughts running in his mind. Soon he reached his parents mansion and parked the car. He stood at the entrance of the house for sometime feeling the home where he had lived all his life before a few years. He stepped in and found his father having a talk with his PA in the living.

Bala noticed his son and stood up still trying to accept the fact that his son has actually visited him.

Bala: Neenga ponga.... We'll continue afterwards.....

Bala asked his PA to move and he left with a nod. He then looked at his son and gestured him to come in.

Bala: Epdi iruka?

Atharv: Nalla iruken.....

Bala: Aishu epdi iruka?

Atharv: Nalla iruka....

Bala: Olunga irukiya?

Atharv hmmed. His father's interrogation was not new to him. That's how their conversation always happens whenever Atharv visits them apart from office.

Bala: Kani...... Yaaru vandhu iruka paaru.....

Bala called out for his wife and in a few seconds Kani walked out of her room. Her eyes glowed in happiness looking at her son in flesh after so long. All her drained out energy rushed back while she descended the stairs faster.

Atharv: Amma.....

Atharv whispered looking at her and was engulfed in a tight hug by Kani. Kani's lips had a constant smile on her lips. No one knows better than her that her son is not so much expressive about his feelings but he loves her so much. Only the agony he went through pulled him away from her but she very well knew that he would definitely come back to her the same way he rushed to her after his school.

She pulled back from the hug and made him sir on the couch before rushing into the kitchen and returning back with a glass of water. Atharv gulped it slowly while she caressed his hair slowly not wanting him to get choked.

Bala stood watching all these with a warmness engulfing his heart. He has seen the way the mother in his wife yearned to meet her son and hug him tight. But he wasn't able to do anything knowing that his son needed some lone time. Though he waited for his son, he was equally worried thinking if his son would completely drift away from them. More than the pain he would feel, he wouldn't be able see his broken wife.

He walked away leaving the mother and son duo alone to spend time.

Kani kept staring at her son's face who was looking at the blank screen of the television. She knew that something was bothering her son and knowing that he won't open up to her about it, she never opened her mouth.