Episode-39

Atharv stood up from the ground. He looked neat and fine in his crispy ironed shirt and pants. He frowned looking around to find an empty road but his breathing stopped finding Aishu standing on the other side of the road smiling at him.

He smiled back at her as he slowly approached her with small strides. All of a sudden a truck hit her and in a blink of an eye, she was thrown away far from his sight making his pupils dilate.

Atharv: Aishuuuu!!!!!

He woke up in a jerk with his face drenched in sweat. His hands were shivering as he gulped looking around the hospital room.

His gaze went to the door to see Roze who ambled inside hearing him scream.

Atharv: Roza.....

Hearing the tremble in his tone, Roze rushed to him hugging his friend tight. Roze sniffled back his tears as he patted Atharv's back slowly. He pulled back to see Atharv frowning at him.

His forehead had sterile gauze wrapped around his forehead. Saline was attached to the back of his left palm. Bandages on his cheek, neck, nape, arms, on his torso, his legs, everywhere on him.

Roze: Thanni venuma da?

Atharv: Aishu.... Aishu? Aishu!!

He questioned Roze before standing up from the bed and removing the saline attached to his hand immediately. He ran out of the room not hearing Roze's call for him.

He looked around the corridor and then remembered the room where Aishu was taken inside. It was the last room opposite to him. He rushed there to see Aishu's parents there weeping getting eachother's solace waiting for their child.

But finding Atharv, they stood up from the seater followed by his own parents who were also standing beside them.

Raghavan: Maapla!

All four of them rushed to him knowing he took wasn't in a very good health condition.

Priya: Epdi iruku maapla ippo?

Kani: Ulla room-la irukalam la ma?

Atharv: Aishu..... Aishu?

He just whispered her name stretching his arm towards the operation theatre like a kid looking at Raghavan's face.

Raghavan sighed looking at Atharv before wiping his tears as he spoke:

Raghavan: Doctor innum veliya varla maapla.... Ulla poranga varanga, aana edhum solla maatranga!

Raghavan tried hard to hold back his emotions as he spoke to Atharv on being clueless of the happenings around him.

Atharv stared at the closed door before rubbing his chest feeling a piercing pain in his heart. He settled on the chair there and leaned his head back closing his eyes.

Atharv: Aadhi?

Roze: Bhuvana ma kooda irukan, veetla......

The five of them kept looking at Atharv who showed to reaction on his face. He was simply sitting there like a corpse looking somewhere indistinct.

Roze sighed remembering the few minutes of distress he went through when he got that one call.

Flashback:

Roze never tried to keep Aadhi on his cradle as he roamed around the mansion cocooning Aadhi within himself. He was walking in the living speaking to his nephew who was busy sucking his thumb looking around the hall with his tiny eyes.

Roze: Aprom, en Aadhi paapa-ku oru bike-uh, car-uh, oru garden, oru veedu, neraya toys idhellaam vaanganum.....

His monologue was disturbed hearing his phone ring and he slowly walked to the teapoy picking it up. Seeing the unknown number, he frowned but attended the call: