Episode-22

Aishu sighed heavily as she looked at the time in her phone. It was 1 past 15 and she was already very hungry. She removed her coat and stood up from her seat. She opened the door of the relaxation room inside her cabin.

She settled on the bed comfortably by stretching her legs straight and leaning back of the head rest. It was one tiring day for her. Indeed it should be as it has been more than half a year since she has visited the hospital and continued with her duty.

Aishu closed her eyes as she was reminded of what Atharv spoke to her:

Flashback:

Atharv who has just reached home after his work found Aishu sitting on the couch next to Bhuvana in the hall. He noticed both of them in a deep discussion as they were yet to notice his presence. He stood at the entrance listening to what his wife was speaking:

Aishu: Naan appa keta naala dhaan MBBS mudichen ma, aana enaku avlova medicine-la interest illa! Enaku paatu-la dhaan romba interest irundhuchi!

Bhuvana: Paatu laam paduviya na nee?

Aishu: Yen paada maaten? Adhulaam neraiya prize-uh, medal-uh, certificates, ellaam vaangi iruken!

Bhuvana: Apdiya?

Aishu: Aama! Naan romba nalla paaduven-nu amma appa rendu perume solluvanga! Enaku paatu-na romba pudikum!

The excitement and chirpiness in her face and eyes reflected in her tone. Atharv like always wondered how his wife never closed her mouth infront of his friend and Bhuvana ma while she never opened her mouth infront of him.

Aishu: Aana padichutu summa veetla iruka pudikala! Enna dhaan appa periya business-ah irundhalum, naan ketadhu ellaam enaku odane kedachalum, naanum velai seiyanum-nu aasai irundhuchi Adhaan vela thedi rendu varsham vela paathen! Adhu apdiye pudichi poiduchi!

Bhuvana: Appo kalyanathuku aprom nee velaiku pogave illaya ma?

Aishu: Illa ma! Adhuku aprom naan hospital pogave illa!

Bhuvana: Yen ma? Atharv thambi enna poga venaam-na solla poraru?

Now the same doubt arrived in Atharv's mind. Was she refraining herself from doing what she loves? Was she afraid that he would stop her if she opened up about her wish to continue working? He keenly listened to her feelings curious to know her answer.

Aishu: Apdilaam illaye! Atharv yen poga koodadhu-nu solla poraan?

Atharv MV: Poraan-ah?

Bhuvana: Parahh! Purushan-uku enna mariyadha!!

Atharv MV: Nalla kelunga ma!

Aishu: Aama! En purushan! Naan avan solluven, ivan solluven, vaada solluven! Poda solluven! Adha neenga keka koodadhu!

Aishu replied as her reply ended in a warning tone. Atharv was stupified hearing her reply. This was something he never expected from her. The silent little cat was not just sneaky but also mischievous. He never had an idea that she would address him this way without his knowledge. But he was just able to smile and chuckle mentally.

Bhuvana: Seringa rowdy amma!

Aishu: Hmm! Aama enna sollitu irundhen?

Bhuvana: Velaiya pathi pesitu irundhom!

Aishu: Haaaaan! Atharv venaam nu solla poradhu illa naan velaiku poren-nu sonna, aana enaku velaiku poradha pathi thought kooda varla ma! Inniki en colleague call pannadhala dhaan avanga nyabhagame vandhuchi!

And Atharv gave it a thought. She was well educated! He understood that when he knew that she was doctor. Being a person who only knew business and money, he just knew that fact that medicine is tough and it involves people to love their job. It wasn't about her earning, it was about her being independent and doing what she loves. If it was regarding earnings, he was ready to work harder like a donkey to earn more for her.