Episode-40

Atharv woke up in a jerk and looked around. He twisted his neck left and right since he felt pain in his neck. His eyes fell on his Aishu who was laying on the hospital bed without any movement.

A huge capline around her head, oxygen mask covering a huge part of her face, her right leg and both her arms wrapped with compression bandage, neck brace around her neck, everything made his heart pain.

Atharv MV: Ipdi unna paapen-nu kanavula kooda nenachi paakala di! Sorry!

It's been a weak after the doctor had informed the family about Aishu slipping into coma. Everyone there were heartbroken to see her lifeless. Seeing her breathe with the support of the oxygen mask only worsened their state.

Here, Atharv believed that his soul has already left him the moment he witnessed Aishu being thrown into the air by the truck and it was just his body that was moving. He did not dare to leave Aishu's side all these days and stood by her side simply staring at her lifeless countenance.

Everyday the Dean of the hospital himself would visit Aishu everyday to note any improvements. All of them who would look at him with high hopes whenever he visits them would loose it again getting a negative answer from him.

There was no improvement in her and the swelling in her brain was only increasing which would be a great threat to Aishu's life. Only if she gains her consciousness, they could proceed with the operation to stop the bleeding of her brain and completely help her recover it. But she wasn't conscious at all. Even little improvements in her could make them decide to plan her treatment according it but there was nothing in her which they could point out as an improvement.

Aadhavan on the other side would cry bad searching for his mom and dad. He was just an infant he was used to his parents cooing and their warmth all the time. But feeling them not at all close to him, he would always be cranky. He would not drink the pumped milk too as he missed his mom's hums.

All of them would simply sob seeing the little human cry out for his mother. They couldn't take him to the hospital as well as he might catch some infections and even if they did take him to Aishu, they couldn't let him beside her.

All the elders including Bhuvana ma would pray for their children's life to return back to normal. They visited every temple around but there wasn't any change that they wished for.

Atharv looked at Roze when he felt a hand on his shoulder. Roze who had to go to his house to get refreshed in the morning, had returned back in a fresh set of clothes.

Atharv stood up from the sofa he was asleep all this while and stretched his arms and limbs. He looked at Roze's empty hand as he would a carry a bag everyday with him when he returns back after his visit to his home.

Atharv: Enaku thuni?

Roze: Innikachum veetuku poitu kulichitu vaa da!

Roze pleaded Atharv who haven't left Aishu's hospital room from the moment he was allowed to enter in to see her. He wouldn't have his food properly but for the sake of the medicines he would be forced to eat.

Seeing Atharv stay silent looking at the grey wall, Roze sighed before he continued:

Roze: Konjam veetuku poitu vaa da! Aishu-va paathuku naanga ithana paeru irukom! Adhaan ithana vaati solren la da? Naanga ithana paeru irukom avala paathuka, enga mela nambikai illaya unaku?

Atharv: Yaaru melayum illa!

Roze fell silent hearing Atharv's low voice. He was speaking after a whole week and Roze didn't wanted to stop him even if he cursed him. Atharv's gaze were on Aishu as he spoke.