☆ 4 ☆

"That guy just ripped the notes I worked so hard to write for him."

Iyan ang bungad ko nang papasukin ako ng dean sa office niya. Napatango lang sa akin ang matanda. He didn't even look at me. He's busy with some paperworks.

"About time you complain about that." He gave me a glance, smirking at me. "Is that all, Miss Vagankov?"

"Epifaño," inis kong pagtatama sa kanya. "What if I don't want this job anymore?"

"Then I'll just talk to your parents." Binaba niya ang binabasang document at tinignan ako. "Your grandmother let me in on a secret that you can't take when your father is called here. At napansin ko nga."

My Nana and the dean are classmates from college. And Nana enrolled me here 'cause I was the only grandchild she could freely control before. Violet wants to attend this school the girl she likes is studying in. Viktor, Vanya and Vlad all have their parents to thank 'cause they don't want them studying at this school. And Vasily is safe because of his father.

Nana just wants me here so she can monitor me. And my Mom gladly abides by what she wants.

I gritted my teeth. "Must be nice being on talking terms with my Nana."

"She misses you, she said." Umayos ng upo ang dean, lifting his brows to me and giving me a brief smile. "And she's waiting for you to call her and ask her to tell me to stop with this punishment."

I stared at him, clenching my jaw. If he hadn't been the dean, I would've punched him already.

Without a word, umalis na ako doon. I don't want him manipulating me again and hearing about my Nana. I should've really transferred school when I had the chance. Now, even Nana is manipulating me even though she isn't here and I can't do anything about it.

I don't want Dad telling me it's fine when he gets called out here for something dumb. And I don't want tita Amelia to look down on me further.

My family already has a long list of plans about my life before I was even born. They exercise control over my affairs fairly well. At first glance, alam mo nang sila ang masusunod.

There was only one time that they let me ignore their plans, thrashing their initial goals for my whole life. That was when I almost died of cancer.

That was only for a short moment for I have come to survive that disease. But in that short moment, I felt true liberty.

'So that's what it feels like,' I thought.

But of course, they had to bring their plans back from the dead because I was alive.

During the times I spent in the hospital thinking I'll die any moment, I learned something. Living is great. And having my dream almost getting crushed in front of me, I can't help but ask for more time. That's how I started writing. I indulged in a world where I can do whatever I want freely. I wrote and wrote until I realized, this is what I want to do. Live and continue on being free, dictating my own life.