★ 38 ★

I've been living in a dream for five months. Since Val came with me to my grandparents' house, the atmosphere of the house was back to how it was before my grandparents' death.

I didn't go here for a year but I went last year. It was sad. But now, a year later, I'm waking up next to the girl of my dreams.

Val, my beautiful Val. How I wish I could live with her here for the rest of my life.

I want to see her every morning after her run. I want to cook for her everyday, all meals of her day. I want to spend my free time sitting beside her while she reads and I'll just stare at her to memorize her face or sketch her into my sketch books again. I want to sleep next to her every night and wake up beside her every morning.

I want her. I need her. I love her.

I don't know what we are but we're something.

Ever since that day when she said she'll stay, our first night together, I knew one of my dreams had come true.

The girl I'll never find anywhere else again is with me now. And I'll do everything to keep her by my side.

Slowly, as days pass, what we are changes. We were nothing at the start, just me and my note-taker. Then we became research partners. Then we became nothing again. We were once classmates. But when I asked her to live with me, we were housemates.

We lived like we had no problems to think about. I like it that way. And it even became better when I confessed and she didn't push me away completely.

Now, after months, we still haven't talked about what's going on between us but I'm fine with it. As long as I can hug her, kiss her, make love to her, I'm fine. I might have overdone it yesterday in the garden. But I just couldn't... resist her.

I love her so much. I want to spend the rest of my life with her, living like that everyday.

I wish I could. I hope we can.

"Can I have cold medicine?" I asked the pharmacist behind the register.

"Pang-ilang taon po?" tanong nito.

"For an adult."

The pharmacist turned to the shelves behind him, looking for something. He then came back with three different boxes of medicine.

He started explaining about the effectiveness and the name of the medicine. Generic? Branded? What the fuck? I don't understand any of what he's saying. I just nodded to everything.

I don't get along with medicine names. It's long and hard to pronounce. And most especially, it's hard to read. I can never get along with scientific concepts because I can't read most of it. Funny because my parents are researchers who write about scientific ideas.