☆ 2 ☆

"Hello, Valeria."

The Dean smiled at me politely but the sinister feeling it gives me made my skin crawl. Napalunok ako at napaayos ng upo.

"We meet again. Welcome back here, Miss Vagankov."

"Epifaño," I corrected him.

He ignored me, his expression staying the same. What a creepy old dude. "Do you know why you're here?"

Ipinatong ko ang isang binti sa kabila, placing my hands on my lap. "No. You're secretary just called me here just as I was sitting down my desk."

"Do you have your things with you like she said?"

Napatingin ako sa bag kong nasa sahig, nakasandal sa paanan ng upuan ko. "Yes."

"Good." The old dean intertwined his fingers, propping his hands on his table. "So, do you want to know why you're here?"

I've been here in the Dean's office quite a lot. Sometimes for talks about school competitions. Other times because I lost my temper and talked back to a teacher. Pero ngayon, I have another thing in mind.

Is this about the frog?

I took in a deep breath, holding my chin up. Kinakabahan na talaga ako, nagpapanggap lang ako. "Yes, please tell me. I still have classes to attend."

Kapapasok ko lang noon nang bumukas agad yung pinto ng room. His secretary walked in and went to me saying I was being summoned to the Dean's office. No questions asked. Pinasunod niya ako sa kanya with my things hanggang sa nandito na ako.

"Very well." He nodded. "Were you the one who shattered the side-mirror of my car?"

My eyes widened a bit. I acted as if my waist-length hair was on my face and I had to brush it aside so that I could hide my face. "Why would I do that?"

"A silly reason. You lost your temper again, maybe?"

I rolled my eyes, putting my other leg off the other. I breathed in heavily, facing him. "Okay, I did it. What do you want me to do this time? Call my mother?"

His smile remained, shaking his head. "No, we can settle this on our own."

"Good 'cause I don't want to see her." Prente akong umupo, feeling casual. "How much were the repairs?"

"Don't worry about that." He waved his hand off dismissively. "I already paid for it."

"Then why am I here if you don't want to talk to my mother or talk about the payment with the damages?"

He looked at me intently, his eyes eyeing me knowingly.