☆ 37 ☆

"Are you done playing house, Valeria?"

I looked away from Nana, closing the door. But Dada held it in place and with my being sick right now, I couldn't fight it.

"Get in the car," utos ni Nana. "We're going home."

"No." I remained firm.

"Get in the car, Valeria, while we're asking nicely."

My hands are trembling. I'm scared. I know I won't be able to run away now. There's no escape for me anymore.

"Leave, Nana." Sinubukan ko pa rin. Hindi ko pinakita ang takot ko because they'll use this as my weakness again.

Nana stared at me, not taking me seriously. "You're coming home with us. It's the end of this..." She looked around, her face scrunching up. "I don't know what this thing you want with that boy but this ends here."

"Ivan is his name," I hissed.

She decided to ignore me and hold my arm. "Let's go."

"Nana..."

With my weak constitution right now, I can't take her hand off me kahit her grip isn't that tight. I can easily free myself but I have no strength. Kinkain na rin ang ulo ko ng sakit at pagkahilo. I don't even know if I'll be able to stand up for long.

Dada stepped in this time, taking a hold of my shoulders. "Come with us before I call the police on him for kidnapping."

Eyes wide, I turned to him. "You're not gonna do that."

His face was serious and there's no hint of hesitation in his words. "He's twenty, right? Too young for a kidnapping charge."

"No!" Nagpumiglas ako pero lalo lang akong nahilo.

Nana watched my useless attempt. "Let's go if you don't want to see him in jail next time."

My tears started to fall. "Why..."

"Because we're worried about you." Nana pulled me to the car waiting for us.

"You're not. You just want to control me."

"Then what kind of life do you want? This?" She laughed impassively, shaking her head. "You're not taking your future seriously, Valeria. That boy can't give you anything that you don't have."

I glared at her, gritting my teeth. "I don't need him to. And it's better if I'm with him than all of you hypocrites."

"I don't know what kind of brainwashing he did to you but luckily you're not gonna see him again."