★ 15 ★

Since I was a kid, I was always told to color within the lines. They always say that it will ruin the picture if I do not do so.

More than just silly rules, it felt like I was always told to be who I was with who and what I was born with. My talents determined how I would succeed; my skills will help me achieve my dreams. And if someone had none, they'd be doomed to forever be at the bottom.

From the moment I was born, I am already meant to be something. Be it a successful man or a someone who'd die not being known by anyone. Destiny has already set its path for my life.

I was born with great talents for arts and music. I can play instruments, sing verses that would sound great in men's ears. I know the art of painting, the art of sports, the art of cooking. I know all the arts except one.

The art of words.

I'm dyslexic. It's something I was born with. And from the moment I discovered that I was, I've been set to only be anything but one: A person who could achieve something that requires a lot of reading. Because, like they always say, you can't be who you're not meant to be. You can't be more than what you're destined to be.

"Rain can't come," Asa replied to Kuya Alf. "But you always see her naman." His eyes went to Abe.

Abe noticed the way Asa looked at him. "Don't look at me."

Kuya Alf asked who we're going to bring to his engagement party this coming weekend so he can include them in the list. He asked us first who we're gonna be with.

Asa laughed. "Right. Just got off a breakup." His gaze went to me. "What about you? Bringing Scarlet?"

I moved my brows together. "Why would I?"

"Isn't she your girlfriend?"

I exhaled, losing even more will to eat the dinner in front of me. "No, there's nothing between us."

Scarlet was never my girlfriend. People may say otherwise or say she's my ex, but there's really nothing. We may seem close, but that's just because she's a part of the academy I attended before for my dyslexia. She's a volunteer there, and since we met again last year when she transferred, she's been with me because she's concerned about me and my dyslexia. I stopped attending that academy, but then note-takers came because I quit. Scarlet is just concerned all the time and would help me deal with my note-takers. She shares the hate I have to my note-takers. 

"So, single?"

The way Asa asked his question was nakakainis. Looking at his face, I hate it so much that his grin has so much similarity to mine.

"Still can't find someone who'll—"

"Asa..." Kuya Alf cut him, giving him an intent look.