☆ 13 ☆

"Please go inside, you two," our adviser told us when we arrived in front of the Dean's office. "They've been waiting."

My head's too busy getting angry at the guy beside me that it did not register in my mind that our adviser said 'they'. Nang papasukin kami sa loob ng office ng dean, I was welcomed with the sight of the dean talking to a woman who's back I recognize even from afar. Humarap naman siya nang marinig ang pagbukas-sara ng pinto.

"Hi, Valeria," my mother greeted me with a small smile.

"Sit down, Valeria, Ivan," the dean told us, gesturing to the two other seats in front of his table.

My mother is seated on the far left. Before Ivan could think about sitting on the other end, I occupied it, leaving him standing, confused as to where to sit because the only available seat is between me and my mother. Tinignan niya ako at tinapunan ko lang siya ng isang tingin bago nagpa-komportable sa upuan ko. Hesitantly, he sat on the seat in between me and my mother.

"You probably know why you're here," panimula ng dean.

"I don't know," sagot kaagad ni Ivan.

The dean turned his eyes to him, sighing. "I already talked to Sir Meneses. I told him to re-check your paper. May we have it?"

Reluctantly, Ivan took his quiz paper out. He glanced at me for a second when he was handing his paper to the dean. "I'm fine with it," he said.

"But it's not right." The dean gave him a reassuring smile, taking the paper. "You'll get it back tomorrow. I told him to re-check it with full consideration."

"I don't want special treatment, sir."

"This is just unbiased treatment in your case." The dean took a look at his paper, nodding once. "Don't worry about it."

Sumandal at umayos ng upo si Ivan. He glanced at my way again and our eyes met. I reminded him that I'm still angry at him by looking away and leaving only an angry look.

"I'm assuming you already know what you did." The dean turned to me.

"Yeah. I can recall everything if you want me to tell you the whole talk Sir Ken and I had," I offered.

The dean stared at me in disbelief. Para naman hindi 'to sanay. "No." He shook his head. "No need."

"Buti naman," I muttered, getting comfortable on my seat. I put my other leg on top of the other, leaning to my side and propping my elbow to the arm rest. "So why are we here?"

The dean eyed my mother warily. "So, you're mother and I had a talk. I'll let this pass this time since your intentions are good."

"It's okay, I regret doing it now." I glanced at the side of my eye to the guy beside me who's there just watching me. "I'd prefer you give me another punishment. Though I think you have nothing worse than dealing with... this guy." When I saw Ivan's anger on his face, I looked back at the dean.