hi :>

I specifically chose dyslexia as Ivan's disability because its not talked about a lot but its common to a lot of people. Dyslexia is a learning disability that affects the person's ability to read. Hindi ibig sabihin na kapag may dyslexia, hindi na nakakapagbasa. Alam niyo naman sa bansa nating puno ng taong matataas ang tingin sa sarili ('di ko nilalahat pero mostly 'yung old generation), hindi nila iniintindi ang ganitong mga bagay.

Dito kasi sa'tin, kapag hindi ka sanay magbasa or nahihirapan ka, sasabihan ka agad ng "bobo" o "tanga".

With this story, sana naintindihan niyo ang struggles ni Ivan as a dyslexic person. But this story goes more than just dyslexia. The lesson of this story goes to all kinds of disabilities, may it be ones like neurological disabilities or others like inability to be good at math.

Don't let the things that you can't do define you. Focus on the things that you can do and flourish because you can be more than just your inability to do one thing when there's a whole ocean of things you can excel at.

Don't be too harsh on yourself. Live your life freely and do the things that make you happy. Life is short and just like what happened with Val, it's unpredictable. All you have to do is appreciate what's in front of you or if you're not content, strive to be better and find the light that'll keep you going. 

Just like Val and Ivan, I know too well how its like watching others achieve their goals while you're just... there. Its painful. But I'm learning to be patient because this is not really race. I want to stop but then what? Don't rush. Take your time. Take all the rest that you want. You're not delayed, you're just at your own pace.

Life is not just about going on about your day and dying one day. Life is living. And living is finding the things that will make you happy. Find love in others or within you.

In Val and Ivan's case, they found love in each other. Sana mahanap niyo rin ang para sa inyo.

Thank you for reading this story and sana may natutunan kayo! Alam kong bintin pero ganito talaga ang writing style ko, guys. I'll leave the rest to your imagination but I do plan on writing bonus chapters someday.

You can continue Ivan and Val's story in your head however you wish (kahit patayin niyo sila 😭). It's up to you but do share how you personally want their story to end (you can comment po :>). Malay natin, baka baguhin ko pa 'to in the future 👀.

This is my third book done and the third book to the aeschylus folder. I'll put aside the fourth book for now because I'm writing another standalone that is not within this folder. But the next book in the aeschylus folder is Violet and Saoirse's story and it's titled: when will it be my turn?

You can catch me finishing my fourth book which is a mystery-romance, dark academia book titled: daddy, i need your money. Please do check it out and my other books if you have time!

For now, let me bid goodbye to Val and Ivan. It's been a fulfilling three-month journey writing their story and a whole month editing and publishing it. Thank you for the lessons, Val and Ivan!

And thank you for reading up until here! Please do share my stories if you have time and don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts. I appreciate any form of criticism or just any comment :>.

Thank you ule!

love lots,

neko

6/30/23