Preparing for the Mission

It was a few days later after both Elizabeth and Sharons big announcements. Sharon had moved out of the tower, going back to the new S.H.I.E.L.D. headquarters.

Fury had come and visited, to both see Penny and also congratulate Elizabeth. Penny did realize, watching her father hug the ice princess, that they had probably fucked once upon a time. And that was a very strange notion.

"No updates on Blonksy." Fury told everyone that was in there. "He's disappeared off the face of the Earth again. I know T'Challa has some of his warriors on it, but Banner, if you'd like to take charge on tracking him down, he's all yours."

Bruce simply nodded, but he was more focused on taking care of Natasha at the moment to pursue any personal rivalries.

"We'll track him down." Rhodey agreed, nodding.

"Also, no updates on Lucinda." Fury said carefully, looking over at Elizabeth who just shrugged.

"She's been off your radar for thirty-five years." Elizabeth sighed, "It's not likely to change anytime soon."

"Well I'll feel better when we've locked her away in the raft." Fury retorted. "And for the meantime, I'd also feel safer if you limit going off Tower property."

Elizabeth glared at him. "Why?"

"People talk. If they see you're pregnant, they're going to want details. And others will come after you. And I'm not just talking about your mother. You've still got an entire planet that hates you." Fury retorted back.

Penny raised a curious eyebrow. How had she managed to piss off an entire planet?

Elizabeth huffed, "Alexander promised peace."

"You still killed his brother and the leader of the planet." Fury replied.

"Kalabihiti was a monster and dictator." Mai snapped. "The people of the planet are actually pleased with Elizabeth. It's only the ones that ruled with him that are angry."

"Be that as it may," Fury said, his voice rising and Penny knew that he was annoyed, "I want you to stay out of the spotlight. You can't protect yourself."

"Hey what the hell is this?" Tony came into the room, holding a folder. He looked annoyed and everyone in the room looked at him.

"What is it?" Stephen asked curiously while Fury sighed.

"They're outdated." Fury replied. "I have to change them. They were made before I found out Elizabeth was pregnant."

"What is it?" Elizabeth asked, holding out a hand for the folder. Tony tossed it on the table.

"I don't care if she was pregnant or not," Tony retorted, "There was no way in hell that she was going on the mission either way."

"What was the mission?" Rhodey asked and Pietro snatched up the folder, flicking through the pages.

"It's a place, not very different from the one Penelope was taken to." Pietro said. "Fury was going to send Elizabeth undercover because she could play the perfect submissive role. He needed her to uncover the sex trafficking ring."

"What's so bad about that?" Elizabeth asked with a frown, taking the folder from the Sokovian man. "That sounds like an easy job."

"Like hell." Rhodey repeated what Tony had said, "Why can't you get an Agent to do this?"

Fury sighed, "Because I needed a good submissive, someone who already knew the ropes. Wanda's face is to well known. Elizabeth still has enough anonymity that she could've gone undercover easily. And I didn't have anyone else. And now that she's pregnant, I still don't."