Interlude 2

Rhodey closed the door behind him, feeling drained, but his spirits lifted a little bit, seeing that Penny was curled up in his bed. She was still awake, sitting up. In her hands was a little award that he had gotten at one point for the military. 

He kicked off his shoes, sinking down on the bed, looking over at her. He reached down to undo his braces and gave a little start as she slid off the bed, settling in front of him on her knees. Silently and lovingly, she started to undo his braces herself. 

He caught a strand of her white hair between his dark fingers, twisting the silky piece as he watched her. 

Penny set his braces aside and his heart gave the lightest of flutters as she slid into his lap, straddling him, wrapping her long arms around him. He slid one hand up her thigh, his fingers just barely brushing under the sexy blue dress she'd worn to the Christmas party. His other hand wrapped around her waist. 

"Hi." Penny whispered, her lips inches from his. She was blushing adorably, her multi-coloured eyes soft and loving. 

"Hi." He whispered back, brushing his lips against hers. They were practically dancing with each other and he felt alive. He wanted to say more, express his feelings- something he wasn't particularly good at unless it was Tony or Hogun. 

But this was Penny and he loved her. He wanted to make sure that she knew it. "I. Love. You." He kissed her cheeks and nose between each word. He tilted her chin so that she was looking him in the eyes. "So much." He breathed. 

Penny's arms tightened around him and she tucked her head under his chin, her cheek pressed against his shoulder. "I love you too James." 

He swung his body up so that he was laying down on the bed, Penny on top of him. She propped her chin up on her fist, gazing at him. He ran his hand over her hair, feeling calmer than he did on most evenings. 

Then she rolled off of him, curling into his side. He wrapped an arm around her, before pulling her up so that he could kiss her again. He tasted a little bit of sharp champagne from the party. There was also a tartness to her lips which meant that she had one of the strawberry tarts. 

"Penny." He murmured, his hand coming around to unzip the back of her dress, but he paused, looking into her eyes. 

She didn't answer verbally, instead moving her body so that though his hand stayed in place, the zipper still unzipped. Her lips brushed over his, tantalizing and teasing. He finished unzipping the rest and watched as she shedded the dress. 

He quickly unbuttoned his own shirt, undressing down to his dark, olive green boxers. Penny started to kiss down his chest while his hands ran up the curve of her back. 

"You're beautiful." Rhodey murmured before taking her face into his hands, kissing her passionately, their tongues twisting together. 

Penny wrapped her arms around his neck, the two of them making out for a considerable time, before Rhodey was scooping her up and laying her on her back. He hooked her legs over his shoulder before he started to delve his tongue deeply into her slit. 

"Oh James." Penny sighed, relaxing into the bed, core clenching, closing her eyes. "You feel so good." 

Rhodey was gentle and sweet with his ministrations, while simultaneously turning her on immensely. Her cunt kept clenching around his tongue and fingers, relishing the pleasure. The taste of her was divine, a musky taste like tart honey. 

"James please." Penny begged. "I need you in me. Please!" 

"Whatever you want hot mama." Rhodey whispered, pulling away from her. She flopped down on the bed, spreading her legs, looking at him with large, begging eyes. Her eyes were no longer disconcerting to him, but beautiful and entrancing.