The True Main Character

🅿️💩 ѕ𝐓๏Ř𝐲 🛗 🈳

Heimdall sighed, watching it all come to an end. But there were still parts that he didn't like. He didn't want to lose Mai or Lan or Josh or Ahni. But what he needed was a way to interfere without interfering. 

"Heimdall?" 

He pulled out of the future for a moment to see who had approached him in the dome. He knew who it was, of course, without looking, but sometimes talking to people without acknowledging them first disoriented them. 

"My Queen." Heimdall bowed low as Queen Frigga came around to stand near him. He looked to the young baby in his arms. "Young Prince." 

Queen Frigga was smiling. "I was actually coming to you about him. He has reached the time where he needs a birthing ceremony." Here, her smile became more teasing, "I was hoping that you could give me a day for him." 

"Thor is to be the God of Thunder. Of war and agriculture and fertility." Heimdall said. "Next week, third day, there will be a huge storm. It is his birthright." 

Frigga smiled. "Thank you Heimdall. I apologize for interrupting whatever you were seeing." 

"It is not for another thousand and a half years. It is of no immediate threat." Heimdall replied easily. 

"Is it bad?" Frigga asked quietly and Heimdall noted her arms wrapping around Thor a little more protectively. 

"No. On the contrary, you will be very happy, and so will your son." Heimdall said, catching himself before he could say 'sons'. Loki would not come around for another four hundred years or so. 

"Wonderful." Frigga said with a smile, before leaving the dome. 

Heimdall turned his attention back to the threads of the future. He followed the one he had been following, coming back to the part where the Avengers went to free Penny and many of their- and his- lovers died. 

Part of him wondered if he should leave it as it was. They all very clearly were able to move on past the deaths, even if it took time. And there was still plenty of love to go around with the rest of them. Yet. . .

He knew that if he could save their lives, he needed to try. 

He looked into several different futures, but noticed a clear pattern: Every time Jay's life was saved along with them, Trang and Jay were always apart from the rest of the group. Heimdall knew it was important for Trang to stay a part of the group, not just for Stark, but for Trang herself and for their daughter Daisy. 

Heimdall sighed, pulling out of the threads. His head was throbbing, which wasn't a surprise. He normally didn't look so far into the future. In fact, he usually didn't look into the future at all. He would simply wait, gazing, and let the visions come to him. They always did. 

But he had gotten a strange glimpse into this future and he had followed it. And then, he had enjoyed the thread so much he had gone back and followed it every second of every day. Hence, the pounding pain in his head from so much concentration for so long.

"Heimdall?" A second voice came, but this one made his heart warm and he softened as he felt her hand slide up his arm. 

"Y/N." His voice rumbled and he closed his eyes for another moment, this time to just savor the moment. 

He knew that in the future, his love would lie with Elizabeth. But that wasn't for another thousand and a half years. And he loved Y/N immensely. She was his soulmate, at least on this life. 

Y/N was special. She died every one hundred years and come back as someone new. She always remembered her past lives, her past soulmates and loves. But her soulmates changed every time she was born. Her looks changed and sometimes even how she lived her life changed.