George Weasley

It's been a few days and we haven't heard from Alex about what's happening with Ginny. My mind keeps playing Alex's angry words in father's voice, which has made me distant from everyone. I've been skipping classes and just staying cooped up in my room. Draco knocked on my door one day worried about me. "Astra! Are you okay. Please open the door." I sigh and get up out of bed, opening the door and letting my brother inside. "What's been going on." He says sitting down next to me on my bed. I let out another sigh and tell him how my mind has been playing fathers angry voice just yelling at me for being a disappointment. I look at my fingers which the nails are bitten right down. "Oh, Astra I'm so sorry I haven't been there for you more. You can tell me anything, ill be here for you from now on." Draco says. "Thanks Draco, I appreciate that." I say pulling my brother into a big hug. "I just need a few moments and ill come join everyone in the common room, okay." I tell him after pulling away from the hug. Draco nods and leaves my room, shutting the door carefully. I take a few breaths to calm myself down, then I hear the familiar vibration of my journal on my desk.

I get up and walk over to open it and find the words, "You're not going to believe this."Scribbled the familiar gold and red ink. "Harry had the damn diary." My eyes widen. "WHAT?!" Both Atticus and I respond at the same time. "And now Ginny has it again. She trashed the dorm!" Alex replies. "Great." Atticus writes. "I can't seem to find her, either. What do you suggest I do?" Alex asks, his handwriting looking more messier. "Asteria will look for Ginny. I'm going to the library." Atticus tidy writing appears in sparkly blue. Great, I mutter to myself. Then messily scribble "Got it." Before shutting the book, then head to the shower. Once I'm clean and refreshed, I put on my robes and spell my hair back to the silvery blonde. 

I make my way out of my room and walk into the common room. "Astra," All my friends say in unison. Pansy runs up to hug me. "Are you okay, we haven't seen you in days. We were all worried about you." She says. "I'm okay now, I think." I reply pushing her away from a rather strangling hug. I hang out with my friends for a while in the common room. Then I decide I should actually try and look for Ginny. I cant go and ask the twins because they have a Quidditch game today with Hufflepuff.

I wander around the school for hours not finding any sign of Ginny so I decide to head back to the common room, feeling like I have failed the task Atticus asked me to do. Bringing back the memories of father yelling at me. I try to move but I'm frozen in place and my body begins shaking, I feel tears falling from my eyes and my heartbeat getting faster. But I cant get myself to calm down. I suddenly jump out of my skin and scream when I feel a hand on my shoulder. "Hey, hey Astra. It's me. You're okay now" I hear a familiar comforting voice and I smell him and let out a big sigh when I know its George. I look up into his eyes and he pulls me into a hug. "Why aren't you at Quidditch" I ask as he pulls away from the hug. I look behind him finally realising Fred is there too. "It got cancelled for some reason." Fred replies looking confused. "We were heading back to our common room when we saw you just standing there shaking." George tells me with a worried look on his face. "Do you want us to take you to the hospital wing." Fred asks. I shake my head. "No, I'm okay now. I'm sorry for worrying you." I reply, but I'm facing George still looking in his eyes. "You don't have to be sorry. Did something happen with your father." George says placing his hands on each of my cheeks, rubbing the tears away with his thumb. "Yeah, when I hear raised voices or people yelling, my mind thinks it's father yelling at me soo I obviously freak out and panic." I explain. "Has it happened before?" Fred asks, now walking closer to me. "Yeah a few times, but never in front of anyone." I nod, looking down at my feet dreading the questions that might be asked next. "How did you calm yourself down if nobody was there to help you." George asks. Yupp there's that question, I knew it was coming. How am I going to answer this. "The same way as today," I smile, looking up at the boys confused faces. "I think about you George." I say, feeling my cheeks get hotter. George smiles and his face and ears get red too. "Thinking about you and hearing your voice just talking to me in my mind, it calms me down and makes me happy." I tell him, feeling more embarrassed by the second. "Awwww, how cute." Fred says placing his arm around Georges shoulder. "Shut it Fred." George mutters back. I feel super embarrassed now so I turn and run off in the opposite direction I was heading.

I find myself in front of the Room of Requirement door. I walk in through the big doors, still thinking about George trying to keep the other voices out of my head. I finally look up taking in what's around me. I gasp, thinking I'm in the Gryffindor common room, then take a breath realising the room just looks like the common room because I was thinking about George. My eyes wander to the red couch by a lit fireplace and I remember sitting there telling the twins all about the things my father has done and said to me. Then remembering how I fell asleep in Georges arms listening to his heart beating fast. I wander over to the couch and sit down rubbing my eyes and taking another deep breath. I close my eyes and all I can see is George's face looking back at me with his loving but goofy smile. 

Then I come to the realization that I'm in love with George Weasley and I think he's in love with me too. 

A week had passed and I was slowly getting better, I was going to classes again and visiting Hermione in the hospital wing when I found out that she had been petrified. Not hearing much from Atticus or Alex, who were probably busy with their own things. As I'm relaxing one day in my room drawing, yupp you guessed it George. Obviously still thinking about him to clear my other thoughts away. Suddenly my journal vibrates beside me on the bed, which startles me breaking me from my thoughts. I pick it up still smiling, but my face drops when I see what had been written from Alex. "It's a basilisk. The monster is a basilisk." Then a message from Atticus appears. "Asteria, meet me in Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. Alex, give Hermione a hug from me." No more responses. I smile thinking about Hermione then put my things away and head out to meet Atticus.