Champions

October 24th 1994

Tonight is the night. All the students are in the great hall awaiting Dumbledore to pull out the champions names from the Goblet of Fire. Some students sit on tables while others including my brother and I sit up on the stands that are overlooking the goblet. "Sit down. Please" Dumbledore asks, making everyone quiet. "Now the moment you've all been waiting for. The champion selection." Dumbledore speaks, before reaching out his hand, putting out all the fire as he moves his hand. He then reaches for the goblet, holding it for a few moments, then the blue flame becomes red and more violent, just as a piece of paper flies out of the flame and into Dumbledore's hand. "The Durmstrang champion Is... Victor Krum. The room erupts in cheers from his other Durmstrang classmates, as he walks up to shake Dumbledore's hand, making his way off to the Trophy room.

The flames turn red again, and lets out another piece of paper. "The champion for Beauxbatons is.... Fleur Delacour. The room erupts again with cheers and Fleur shakes Dumbledore's hands then making her way down to the Trophy room. The flame turns red once again letting out, what they think is the last name. "The Hogwarts champion is... Cedric Diggory. My heart suddenly drops into my chest. No! No! This can't be happening, not Cedric. My eyes follow him as he walks out of sight. "Excellent! We now have our three champions. But in the end, only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions this vessel of victory the Triwizard Cup." Dumbledore speaks, turning to point at the cup that is about to become the portkey to that awful graveyard. 

Suddenly the blue flames of the goblet start swirling around like it had with Fred and George. As the flame proceeds to turn red it shoots out the last piece of parchment. "Harry Potter!" Dumbledore speaks up, all the students looking around confused. "Harry Potter!" Dumbledore yells this time. I glance over to where the trio was sitting and I spot Hermione pushing Harry towards Dumbledore. As Harry takes the parchment from Dumbledore the room is silent. "He's a cheat" "He's not even 17 yet" Some students called out as Harry made his way to the room with the other champions. 

Here we go, shit is about to go down.

Dumbledore dismiss us for the night, and I walk back to my common room with Draco tailing behind. "Astra, can I ask you something." He asks as we walk into the common room. "Yeah go ahead." I tell him, wondering what it would be this time. "What's got you so quiet and distant lately. We have barley seen you. Theo and Blaze are getting worried." I let out a sigh. "Okay, you cant tell anyone. Promise!" Draco nods his head as I grab his arm, pulling him into my bedroom to talk more in private. 

****

I explain to Draco about what I'm supposed to do for the Dark Lord this year. He is shocked at first then worried about me even more. We talk things over and he said he's willing to help me with anything I need. I think for a moment on what he could actually do. "Could you keep track of the moon cycle, cause my mind will be on other things for me to remember to take my meds." I blurt out. "Sure can sis. You don't wanna go turning into a werewolf in the middle of the graveyard or one of the tasks." He warns me. "Thanks Draco. You  better not screw this up then." I retort. "Should we make a vow then." Draco suddenly asks me. "You don't mean the unbreakable vow? Do you?" I question, shocked he would even mention such a dangerous thing. "Yeah why not," He shrugs. "Draco, this is not something you mess around with. The unbreakable vow is serious. If you don't succeed with what it is you die." I tell him in my serious voice. "I know that. I'm not stupid." Draco demands. I try not to argue back to piss him off. I think for a moment, this might be a way Draco and I could never fight again. So I take some time to figure out the words to say. 

"Okay hold out your right arm," I tell him. "You sure," He asks, his voice shaky. "Yeah but you can't say anything. I don't want you to say the wrong thing." I blurt out. He holds out his hand in front of me. I grab onto his forearm and he looks at me and grabs mine. "Remember let me speak Draco. Only speak when I ask you too." I remind him. He nods in response as I grab my wand from my boot with my other hand. I hold my wand out over our hands and say what come to my mind. "I Asteria Malfoy vow that Draco Malfoy and I will help each other with anything the Dark Lord tasks us to do." As I say this a fine glowing light flows from my wand, wrapping around our entangled arms. I realise it's working properly so I continue. "Do you Draco agree to help Asteria with these tasks." I say looking into Draco's eyes. "I do," He says. He did it right I think to myself, letting out a sigh. "I Asteria agree to help Draco with any tasks the Dark Lord asks him to perform." I look down at our arms and the light untangles and disappeared back into my wand. "It's done," I tell him, releasing our arms. "Now we just have to help each other with our tasks." I tell him cause I could tell by his face he was confused. "I know we got this." Draco says with a grin on his face. I give him a grin back and he leaves my room in silence. I let out another sigh. 

I hope this isn't a mistake.