The Dramatic Incident

Thursday, September 2nd

In the morning we all wake up sprawled out over the couches in the common room, some of us more hungover than others. "What's our first class," Draco moans pulling at my pants leg from passing out on the floor after two drinks. I roll my eyes and sit up. "Divination, I think." I say rubbing my eyes. We make our way slowly up the tower and climb up the ladder to the classroom. The room has lots of small tables with crystal balls and books on each one and a few chairs to each table. "I call sitting next to Draco." Pansy blurts out and I see Draco roll his eyes before sitting at a table. Pansy rushing to sit next to him. I shrug and decide to sit next to Theo.

"Welcome, my children. In this room, you shall explore the noble art of Divination. In this room, you shall discover if you possess the sight." The Professor rambles on and bumps into the table in front of her which causes us Slytherins to snicker. "Hello. I am Professor Trelawney. Together we shall cast ourselves into the future." All the students are looking at her likes she's a nutcase. "This term, we shall be focusing on Tasseomancy, which is the art of reading tea leaves. So please, take the cup of the person sitting opposite you." Theo and I share a glance and take each others cup. "What do you see?" Professor Trelawney asks. "The truth lies buried like a sentence deep within a book, waiting to be read. But first, you must broaden your minds. First, you must look beyond." She continues, but I'm to preoccupied trying to read Theo's tea leaves. 

"What does mine say." We both say at the same time, sharing an embarrassed smile. Theo starts describing what he sees in my cup. "I see two half circle things facing each other, like a bracket. So that means." He trails off flipping pages. "Crescent; moon; Lunar; and I see a wheel. So that's In-ev-it-able change and Progress." Theo says struggling with saying the word. Huh doesn't make any sense to me, I think to myself. But before I'm about to tell Theo what I see in his cup were interrupted by Professor Trelawney's shriek. "Oh! Your aura is pulsing, dear, Are you in the beyond? I think you are." She says looking at a scared looking Ron holding Harry's cup in his shaking hands. "Look at the cup. Tell me what you see." "Oh, well lets see. Harry's got sort sort of a wonky cross. That's trials and suffering. And that there could be the sun and that's happiness. Soo you're gonna suffer, but you're gonna be happy about it." Ron explains, looking confused. "Give me the cup." The professor asks reaching out her hand. The second she looks into the cup she shriek's again, putting the cup back on the table before backing away. 

"Oh, my dear boy. My dear, you have the Grim." She tells Harry. "The Grin? What's the Grin?" Alex blurts out, which makes us Slytherins laugh out loud. "Not the Grin, you idiot. The Grim." Atticus corrects him and continues reading. "Taking form of a giant spectral dog. It's amongst the darkest omens in our world. It's an omen of death." I look up from my book and Draco and I share a glance and he grins then shrugs. I know what that means. Its not what you think.

The clocktower chimed and I headed to Care of Magical creatures with the Slytherins. I was excited about this class cause I love learning about  magical creatures and Hagrid was taking the class. It was supposed to be lunchtime but Hagrid instructed us to pack our lunch and meet him at his hut for his class. Crabbe and Goyle moaned about this, but I pulled out some chocolate frogs from my bag and handed them to the boys and they were ecstatic. "Uh thanks Asteria" Crabbe mutters in his deep voice. "Yeah thanks." Goyle adds before they both shove them into their mouths. I roll my eyes and get out some licorice wands for Theo and I and we walk behind the others down the hill to Hagrid's hut.

"That's it. Come on, now. Come closer." Hagrid speaks. "Asteria do you have anymore." Crabbe asks me suddenly. "No I don't, I gave you guys two each. Can't believe you finished them already." I tell them pulling the licorice wand out of my mouth. "Less talking, if you don't mind. Shh. Shh." Hagrid tells us off and I shove Crabbe for me getting called out by Hagrid. "I got a real treat for you today. A great lesson. So follow me." Hagrid says, guiding us down a pathway to an open area of the forest. "Right, you lot. Less chattering. Form a group over there and open your books to page 49." Hagrid tells us pointing over to a big rock. "Exactly how do we do that?" Draco asks in his sassy way. "Just stroke the spine, of course." I tell Draco in my sassy way the same time Hagrid does. Draco turns back to me and pokes his tongue out. He turns back and strokes the spine of the Monster book of Monsters with his fingers and of course Pansy copies him exactly. I hear yells coming from Neville Longbottom, I glance in his direction and I realise he must have not heard Hagrid as he's opened the book without stroking the spine and the book has attacked him. "Don't be such a wimp Longbottom." Draco growls as he turns around to pull me closer to the other Slytherins.

We all put our bags down and I jump up so sit on the rock wall behind us and Draco starts being a git. "Oh, yeah. Terribly funny. Really witty. God, this place has gone to the dogs. Wait until my father hears Dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes." I kick Draco in the back for this comment as Crabbe and Goyle laugh loudly. "Shut up, Malfoy." Harry demands walking towards Draco. "Ooh" All the Slytherins say. Draco hands his bag to Crabbe to hold so he can walk up closer to Harry. Draco suddenly backs away yelling "Dementor! Dementor!" Harry rushes to look being him so does everyone else and the Slytherins apart from me pull up the hoods of their robes and pretends to be spooky Dementors. This annoyed me as Draco knew the Dementor scared me on the train. I decide to berate him about this later and shove it in his face that he cried. 

"Da da da daaaa" Hagrid presents a big white creature. "Isn't he beautiful? Say Hello to Buckbeak." Hagrid throws the creature a dead ferret that was over his shoulder. I instantly think how Atti must feel seeing the dead ferrets, since he has Bandit. "Hagrid, exactly what is that?" I hear Ron ask. "That, Ron is a hippogriff. First thing you wanna know about hippogriffs, is that they're very proud creatures. Very easily offended. Yo do not want to insult a hippogriff. It may just be the last thing you ever do." Hagrid pauses for a second. "Now, who'd like to come say hello?" Hagrid turns around and everyone moves back a few spaces except Harry, making it look like he's stepped forward. "Well done, Harry. Well done." Hagrid calls. Harry turning around looking confused. "Come on now" Hagrid calls Harry closer as Ron reaches out to push Harry further. " You have to let him make the first move. It's only polite. So step up. Give him a nice bow. Then you wait and see if he bows back. If he does, you can go and touch him. If not.. Well, we'll get to that later." Harry steps closer. "Just make your bow. Nice and low." Harry bows and the hippogriff flaps his wings. "Back off, Harry. Back off." Harry steps backwards and a twig snaps under his foot. "Keep still. Keep still" Hagrid tells Harry. Then Buckbeak bows down to Harry's level.

"Well done, Harry. Well done. Here, you big brute, you." Hagrid congratulates Harry then throws another dead ferret to Buckbeak. "Right. I think you can go pat him now. Go on don't be shy." Hagrid says suddenly getting Harry's attention. Draco pulls out a green apple from his bag and walks over with the Slytherin boys to get a closer look pushing Atticus out of the way. I jump down from the stone wall and walk over to the boys and hit Draco on the back of the head and watch from behind the boys. "Nice and slow, now" Hagrid says as Harry slowly walks closer to pat Buckbeak. "Not so fast Harry" Buckbeak squawks making me jump slightly getting the attention of Theo. "You alright there." "Yeah of course" I demand rather abruptly not wanting to sound like a baby. "Sorry" I mutter in his ear. Draco giggling in front of me. Harry keeps moving closer slowly with his hand reached out. Finally coming in contact with Buckbeak's head. "Yes! Well done! Well done Harry!" Hagrid yells clapping loudly, while everyone else claps too. 

"I think he may let you ride him now." "What?" Harry questions as Hagrid picks him up and places him on the back of Buckbeak and slaps the creatures behind to rile him up and it does, Buckbeak squawks and gallops then lifts off in the air with Harry riding him. I lean in closer to Atticus and whisper over his shoulder. "Hope Bandit didn't see that." Atticus replies with a chuckle. "He's safe in my pocket." He adds. "Do you want a licorice wand." I ask Atticus pulling one out of my pocket. "Thanks" He smiles taking it from my hand. I hear Hagrid whistle signaling for Buckbeak to come back. He flies over the trees and back down landing beside Hagrid. "Well done, Harry, and well done Buckbeak. 

"Oh, please" Draco stands up and struts past me, then pushing some other kids. "Yes you're not dangerous at all, are you, you great ugly brute!" Draco walks right up to Buckbeak, with no hesitation at all. "Draco!" I yell but he doesn't listen. Buckbeak lets out a growl and stands up on his hind legs, wings out ready to attack my brother. It Just scratches Draco's arm and he falls to the ground making a big fuss. "It's killed me! It's killed me!" Draco moans as I rush over towards him. "Calm down. It's just a scratch!" I sigh. "Hagrid" Hermione comes rushing over. "He has to be taken to the hospital." "I'm the teacher I'll do it." Hagrid says, picking Draco up bridal style. I rush to grab mine and Draco's bags and follow Hagrid as we walk up to the hospital wing. "Class dismissed" Hagrid yells. "You're gonna regret this. You and you're bloody chicken!" I shake my head as Draco moans all the way there. 

God he's gonna milk this, I just know it.