₴Ⱨ₳ĐØ₩ ₱Ⱡ₳Ɏ

Y/n's P.O.V
"I'm so excited! I haven't been to the movies in ages! This was such a good idea, Y/n." MK cheered.

"One, thank you, and two, this ain't a cinema." I said.

"It's a shadow play, with puppets." Tang finished.

"Wha? Puppets? No!" MK pulls out a poster. "I thought we were seeing Kung Fu Monkey Cop: The Movie!" MK exclaimed, showing us the poster.

"You might wanna check the back on that, bro." I pointed out.

"Oh, hey. Isn't that the guy who gave us that weird key?" MK looked up from the poster.

"You mean the magic key that can unlock anything? Yeah, I'm pretty sure that is him, and I'm also pretty sure that he's still not actually the Mayor." Mei spoke.

He waved at us with a creepy smile.

"For some reason, I just want to punch that freaky smile off his face." I pounded my fists together.

"Point is, whatever we're watching, you two earned a break." Pigsy looked at us.

"You two have been training super hard. I can't even remember the last time we all just hung out together. I missed this." Mei sighed.

"So, was Sandy just busy or..."

"What are you talking about? We hang out all the time!" MK exclaimed.

"Nuh-uh. It's always Monkey King this or some scary skeleton thing that with you two lately!" Mei looked at us.

I rubbed the back of my head. "Yeah, but that skeleton--"

Tang interrupted me. "Just yesterday blew off checkers night cause' you had to study. Study what, I might ask?!" He threw checker pieces at me.

"Alright, alright! I get it! It's just, Monkey King said..."

MK froze mid-sentence.

I put a hand on his shoulder. "We just need to be ready."

"Ready for what?" Pigsy asks us, but the lights start dimming.

"Shh! It's starting!" Tang shushed Pigsy.

"Tang, would you-"

A shadow zoomed passed them.

"Y/n, what kind of play did you bring us to?" Pigsy and Tang shook in fear.

The curtains opened, revealing Macaque, but in his cloak. Nobody knew it was him, except for me of course.

"Welcome viewers to a shadow play the likes of which have never been seen! It follows the tragic tale of a legendary warrior, and how those who bring light into this world inevitability bring darkness to those they hold dear."

Macaque starts narrating the story of the Hero and the Warrior.

"Mei, I just realized something." MK said to Mei.

"What?"

"I, I don't have snacks!"

"MK, relax, you literally just ate." Pigsy told him.

"Must get snacks!" He says despite.

"Ugh, fine. Go grab some snacks."

"Yes, you're coming with me." MK grabbed my arm, dragging me out of the lobby.

"Hey!"

MK dragged me to the snack stand.

"Linda." I crossed my arms.

"Y/n." She glared back.

"See you're not working the front desk today." I taunted.

"Just order already." She grumbled.