Nerds

Ok, Tommy loves Techno with all his heart. Techno is the cool big brother. The scary one. The smart one. And a huge nerd.

After an hour-long call with your parents over a school e-mail (The school doesn't know whos at fault, the parents have a guess) Tommy does not want to go to the library. But someone has to go with Techno. Or the oldest will get locked in and stay overnight, again. And Wilbur was going off to a party with friends, Ember was meeting with the cheer team to watch the tryouts, Ranboo had homework (honestly, they can do it at the library!!) and Tubbo headed out to work. So Tommy trudged behind the piglin, hot under the sun and complaining. At least the library has air conditioning and vending machines. The walk to it? Not so much.

"Why did Will get the car again?" Tommy huffed.
Techno sighs, answering this question for what seemed to be the 100th time, "Because no one knows when he'll head home."
Tommy lets out a grunt "Why did Ember get the spare car?"
"Because, Tommy, they are picking a few others up and carpooling." Techno almost growls "We decided on this a week ago."

Tommy grumbles to himself. As soon as the library was in sight Tommy perked up, starting to run ahead "Race you!!"

Techno lets out a "Heh?" Before the chase was on.

Even with the head start, Techno easily overpowered his brother and won. Tommy blamed it on the heat. Techno rolls his eyes before heading off to god knows where. Tommy heads to the computers, but all of them were full or out of service. The librarian said she'll hold one for him once one kid runs out of time. But after a stop at the vending machines (eating the chips out in the hall, he's not that bad of a kid) and they still weren't open Tommy got bored. So he wandered the library. Not a lot of people were here, much to his joy and dismay. But there were some kids in the uniform of the opposing school. Tommy grins, sneaking as close as he can to eavesdrop.

"Yeah, their caption is really protective of the team so the moment one is in-dangered he'll go crazy." The female said, grinning.
Her champion nods, "The cheer team shouldn't be a problem once Alice is done. The fire one can't use the fire if it endangers their teammates."
Tommy's gut falls so far that he's sure Satan is above it. These people were talking about hurting others!
The female nods "Alice thinks it'll be fun, taking on an ender-man hybrid that has fire powers. This school is going to get a show to make history."
Ember! They were talking about Tommy's sibling! Suddenly his heart was below his gut.
The guy laughs "They certainly have a wide range of abilities, but they're too proud of that. Pride is their weak spot."
The girl nods "We'll have the fields ready for the grand final soon."
They start to head out, going down the aisle next to Tommy. As soon as they turn out of the aisle Tommy runs up to the table they were at. Lucky for him they are dicks, leaving the books they didn't need at the table for the librarians to clean up. And right on top is his school blue prints next to the yearbook, open to the football and cheer team page.