The next day

Olivia's POV:
You know, avoiding your friends is not easy. At all.

And I have to say it is not easy for me too. I decided to escape every possible situation in which I had to talk to Ava. I didn't know why, it just felt right.

The one problem that appeared that it has been really awkward, and more importantly, visible. So visible that as I was going to my next class, Paige approached me.

"Hey, Liv. What's up with you and Ava?"

"What do you mean?"

"Don't play fool, Olivia. It's obvious that something is wrong."

"Okay...Well, we got into a strange conversation in which my sister accidentally messaged Ava about the World Cup," I said. "She's a big fan of it. And...yeah,"
I added because it sounded a bit inconvenient.

She looked me with an almost sarcastic expression.

"And that's it?" She said and laughed hardly. "Liv, you better be joking. This isn't something a friendship should suffer from. Why didn't you just explain it to her?"

I was caught off-guard. To be honest, I wasn't mad about the whole situation or how the things went, but everything was about how she reacted to the "news" that I watch the World Cup.

So what?! Just because I'm a girl, that doesn't mean I can't watch and admire football as boys do, right? And what right does she have to tell me and criticise me for the things she doesn't even know I like?

And what will happen if I tell her about my interest in the sport? She'll probably not want me to be her friend anymore; it's something she would do.
Wait...it's happening again. I'm talking horribly about Ava. It's not right. I shouldn't. I mustn't.

"Yeah, I think I should talk to her," I finally said as Paige has been watching me thinking for the last two minutes.

"Cool. Let's get to class then?"

"Yeah," I nodded, putting a fake smile on.
***
As we were walking, we talked about the different assignments, homework, and you know what students do, but the one thing that was again buzzing me was, well you guessed, the World Cup.

Apart from the issues with Ava, I was extremely excited about it. Today is the final, everyone, and I don't have place to hold my excitement. The feeling is amazing! Just...something I could not forget. Something that fills me with energy and desire for life. Still, however, I don't know why this has so much impact on me. I mean, it's something most people get excited about, and I totally understand them, but... There was something different about it with me.

It may sound like I'm trying to make myself look more special or something, but I am feeling it. I was feeling it throughout the whole tournament. Yeah, many people are like "Go, Argentina", for example, and scream on top of their lungs. Understandable, they love the country, the team, Messi (not me fangirling). But the one thing that I spotted feeling while watching was...nervousness. Why? I don't know.

Let me explain. When we were watching the Argentina vs Saudi Arabia match in my English class, as I have already explained, I just locked eyes on the screen. I just couldn't turn my gaze away from the ball, something I couldn't explain. I can't explain it know either, which is probably the reason why I am so confused about the thing. When the match was going in the class, I felt a bit of nervousness in my veins, and okay, it was bearable. What happened next, however, shocked me.

The class ended, and I had to go to lunch. The little nervousness I had felt, outgrew. Like, I was feeling like my blood was going up and down my body extremely fast, and even my heart was throbbing. I didn't know I could experience such a thing until then. It was so scary, but so...pacifying? at the same time.

I was waiting my friends, anxiously tapping my foot on the floor, to go to the cafeteria to grab some lunch.

"Why on Earth are they taking so long?!" I thought, already on the edge of my nerves and patience.

Finally, ready to go, we started going out of the building. I was visibly excited and nervous.

"What's the matter, Liv?" Asked Mia.

"You mean?" I tried not to make anything too obvious.

"You're trembling," she pointed.

"What?" I asked amazed.

"She's right," Paige added.

And in that moment I realised what impact the World Cup was having on me. But why exactly on me. What have I done to deserve this torture of trembling and sudden emotions. What was the problem with me?

"Probably the cold," I answered.

They watched me for a few seconds, and I tried to make it look like I really was cold, and then turned their attention to whatever the conversation was.
Midway to the cafeteria, I couldn't hold it anymore. I got my phone and decided to see what's the score in the Google page of the championship (I left that page open for the rest of the day).

"1-1," I saw.

"They still have time to win," I said to myself, hoping for Argentina to win.

I didn't even understand when we were already in the line for lunch. I was just looking the stats, players, tactic, and positioning, trying to remember everything.

The next thing I heard were yells. Many yells. From happiness? I turned my head up to see a group of other students around a few computers, watching the World Cup. The yells continued.They were definitely happy, but who had scored?

I quickly refreshed the Google page and immediately paled. It was 2-1 for Saudi Arabia, and the guys were still yelling in infinite happiness. It was as if they wanted Argentina to lose. Now, don't get me wrong, everyone has a favorite team and stuff, but is it necessary to yell as if you are taunting the Argentines?

"Liv," Paige tapped slightly my shoulder, getting me out of my memories. We were already walking, and she was pointing me to where Ava was sitting.

"Yeah," I said, still pensive.

As soon as I saw where she was, I started walking to the table, making a quick list of what to say in my head.

"Ava, I'm sorry, my sister just uses the same Instagram account as me, and texted you by mistake because she has a friend named Ava..." I was thinking to say.

When I stood in front of her, however, everything that didn't have to be said just got out of my mouth.

"Ava, I'm sorry. I don't think we can be friends anymore," I said and changed my direction, not knowing where that could lead me.