The project (Part 2)

Ivy's POV:

"Hey, guys," Mia greeted. "How are things going?" she asked, putting her tray with food on the table and sitting beside Paige, who was reading a book for her English class.

"Stuck with a Physics project," I replied, looking up from my notes from all of the classes we had on electromagnetism throughout the year.

"That must suck," she guessed correctly, and I nodded in agreement. "Where's Liv?" she moved her attention to Paige after she understood I'm a little busy.

"Must be talking to her mother?" she more of asked than stated and looked at me with a worried look.

"For how long?" Mia curiously bit from her sandwich, her gaze on her best friend.

"I don't know," she answered truthfully. "But I think it was way too long ago when we left her, right?" she wanted to check the fact with someone else from the group. That would've been me.

"Yeah," I said thoughtfully. "I'll go and look for her," I decided and closed my notebook. "I'll be back," I promised and stood up.

***

Throughout the whole conversation I had with Paige and Mia, Ava didn't look up from her phone for a single second.

I realised that as soon as I left the table. I got really confused because Ava is not the kind of person that stays too much in social media. Like, her screen time is unrealistically small. Two-three hours at maximum.

The thing is that Ava is really strange these days. I mean, after what happened with Liv at first place. That's when things went...unexplainable. Her sudden mood changes. Her opinion. Her behavior toward others (including me). Her actions were-

My thoughts, however, were interrupted by my eyes spotting Liv, who was giving the money for her food to the cashier.

I started walking to her, but got startled when not so long after she got and paid for her food, she just stopped walking. Like, in the middle of the cafeteria.

I was watching her from a short distance for two whole minutes, and she hadn't even moved. Not for a single second. She was just like a stone. With a cold expression on her face, different from the one she has on her face every day, and body so stiff, that I could see her hands squeezing the tray, which was slowly trembling because of her tight grip.

"What could've caused that to happen?" I thought to myself, and decided to finally walk up to her and bring back the Liv I truly know.

"Hey, Liv," I said, and she abruptly turned her head, her hair moving synchronously with it, to me as if I scared her. "You okay?" I asked, obviously confused at what was happening.

In a few seconds of silence that seemed like hours to me passed, she was looking straight in my eyes, without losing the eye contact, with her strangely red and rather smooth eyeballs. Her hands slowly weakening the grip of the tray, the food finally getting the peace it was granted after going out of the cooking pots. And her lip was slowly quivering from something I couldn't explain. I haven't seen her like that before. Ever.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she told me. "Let's get to the table, shall we?" she suddenly asked and took my hand as abruptly as she turned to me and started walking to the table the others were sitting at.

***

"So what about I do the experimental part?" I proposed. "And Liv and Ava will have to add the theoretical part and application in our lives," I stated. "What about that?"

"Yeah, I'm fine with the theoretical part," she shrugged. "I think everything is in the textbook, and I'll just add some pictures to show what exactly I mean in the slide," she looked at me with one of those strange and unexplainable expressions I didn't get and put the straw in her drink.

"That means Liv is let with the application to life part," I "bit" from the fluffy consistency on my drink. "Is that fine by you?" I directed my words to Liv, who didn't actually get a drink. I was surprised by that because she is a real Starbucks addict (like most people if I'm being honest), but I didn't think she could survive without one of her favorite drinks. I guess she could.

"Yeah, that-" she started and got her bottle of water from the basket in front of the cashier.

"That's fine with her, of course," Ava stopped her in the middle of her thoughts and laughed. "Let's get a picture to post on Instagram?" she suggested, and the proposal was accepted with collective agreement.

 "Let's get a picture to post on Instagram?" she suggested, and the proposal was accepted with collective agreement

(Picture from Pinterest. Credit to Estelle Ratier.)

@williams.a.ava Getting ready for a Physics project sucks less when you're with friends...
Tagged @ivy_m, @PaigeLee, @evans.Mia.

Liked by @ivy_m, @PaigeLee, @evans.Mia, @o.davies, and others.