Emotions

Third person's POV:

"You've got to be kidding me," she exclaimed, and I looked up. It was as if something didn't want me to understand what there was on the little white piece of paper....

                                 Pedri González
___________________________________
Heyyy

I saw that you haven't texted,
so I decided to do so

___________________________________

Paige's POV:

"How did he find me?!" I saw Liv standing up from her seat and going behind her chair, her phone on the table with the screen facing the ceiling.

"What's going on?" I asked, trying to sound calm because I didn't want to stress her. Not after all the things she shared and experienced.

"He found me," she pointed at her phone with a a hint of desperation in her voice and eyes. She was in the first stages of a panic attack. "H-how did he manage to do that?" she continued with her hands slowly approaching her head and neck. "When?" she almost cried.

I stood up and went to her to prevent any further development of the panic that was going through her body and mind. I hugged her, and soon felt her hands around my body. Her breath steadied, and her trembling, which I didn't know she had, slowly went away.

"Now, tell me," I broke the hug. "Who found you? And how?"

"Pedri," she hissed and whispered at the same time, still stunned by the sudden urge of emotions, pointing at her phone. I took it and saw what she was talking about. "I-I don't know how..." she stuttered. I held her hand, trying to bring her comfort. "What-" she started, but I interrupted her with a repeated movement of my head, signalling it wasn't the time for that.

"Don't worry about it," I reassured her. "We'll decide what to do later." I rather stated than proposed and tightened the grip over phone. "Now, let's get to class to distract this smart head of yours!" I chuckled, trying to lighten the mood.

She nodded a bit hesitantly, attempting to take her phone from my arms, but I moved my hand away of hers.

"Let me keep that for now," I said with a tone of a bellboy and took my tote bag from the table with my free hand. "Let's go," I caught her for her arm as if she was a beautiful, yet fragile glass doll.

They had one thing in common, though. They weren't ready for big hits.

                                            ***

"Ms. Davies?" Ms. Carter asked. I turned to Liv only to find her completely zoned out with her hand under her head, looking out the window, her back facing me. "Ms. Davies?" our teacher repeated, this time approaching our desk. I nudged Liv, so that she could understand what was happening. It didn't seem to help because she stood in the same position. Ava and Mia were looking at us with curious expressions. "Ms. Davies, are you okay?" the thirty-two-year-old teacher gasped as she looked at her.

Having no options left, Liv finally shifted on her seat, her hands going to her face, cupping it. I saw the piece of paper in her lap. Her phone was beneath it.

"The damn piece of paper!" I thought. "What was written on it?!"

Suddenly, she fell in my arms, hers still on her face. I hugged her, feeling sobs and heavy breathing against my body.

"I-I thought about it," she said with a soft voice, so that only I could hear her. "About him," she continued, and I tightened the grip of the hug. "And a-a-about everything," she sobbed once again, breaking to even worse cry.

"Liv," I whispered, so no one could hear us. "Thinking about it wouldn't have caused you to cry your eyes out," I stated and rubbed her back, she hugged me even tighter. "Miss, can we go to the bathroom?" she nodded, and I helped Liv to stand up. "You'll tell me when you calm down. Okay?" I tried to reassure her.

As soon as we were beside the desk, mine hand holding on her, so she doesn't fall because, I felt that she was very weak. It was probably of the cry. 

The whole class was watching us. Mia seemed really nervous about her friend's state, but Ava had that cold expression on her face, only observing what was happening.

"How could she be calm in a moment like this?!" I almost screamed inside, trying to focus and not let out my anger. I didn't have time to see our other classmates because I felt Liv's hand around my torso, just trying to keep her stability. We started walking to the door.

"Paige," I heard a very exhausted whispering voice near my ear as we were almost at the exit of the room. "I'm not feeling well," was the last thing I heard before I felt something heavy falling over me.

                                          ***

"She'll be fine in a few minutes," I heard the school doctor saying as she left her cabinet. I looked up and went straight beside Ms. Carter, removing my hands from my head, the sign of concern for my friend.

"But what happened to her?" I asked desperately, trying to peek into the room over the old woman's shoulder.

"I think she had gone through a panic attack," she told me. I paled as I felt my heels touching the floor and faced the woman in the eyes. I sensed that something like that might happen. "Do you have any idea what possibly caused this to happen?" I was still looking at her eyes without any answer in my gaze. I shook my head. She just went to her desk. "I'll prescribe her some sedatives on natural pattern," she wrote down on a piece of paper. "For now," she stated and gave our teacher the piece of paper, hinting something I didn't want to become reality.

"Paige," I heard Ms. Carter as I was blankly staring at the wall. "Can you help Olivia while I call her parents to come and get her?" I nodded. "Thank you," she said with dry voice and left through the door.