The World Cup final

3rd person POV:
December 18th. The day of the long awaited final of the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

It was also the day in which Olivia broke her friendship with the one girl that could make her feel in a...let's say unpleasant way.

Why? Well, maybe because of making her feel a lot more insecure, unconfident, shy, making her keep her interests in a secret because of her probable opinion, and the words that will follow afterwards. And all this happening in the pretext that she is just helping Olivia to be a better person and more confident one.

Let me just ask you something. When do you need to be a confident if that means to lock yourself behind a mask and don't even recognise yourself?

Well, that was the problem with Ava and Olivia's relationship.

Ava was not a bad person, not at all, or that's what Liv has been thinking throughout their relationship. She believed everyone has something good in them, and there aren't any bad people. Olivia was feeling so overwhelmed after speaking a bit more rude about Ava that it nearly ended in a depression.

The type of depression in which a person doesn't know who he is anymore and tries not to disappoint anyone in any matter (or also called a people's pleaser) just to make sure everyone likes her.

This is the problem we all know. Fitting in.

Like, all her life Olivia was known as the least favorite child, the one that was mostly disrespected and neglected. That didn't bother her (or did it?). In reality, however, she was just trying to prove them otherwise by not sleeping to study and get only good grades, getting exhausted to fill all of her friends' needs, and trying to be herself at the same time.
As you can guess, the last thing was a bit difficult to achieve. A lot more difficult than she had thought.
She loved studying and was often called a nerd, which she doesn't have any problems with. That's probably the only thing she wants to continue doing no matter what others say. Studying. It was just her escape from the world and the surrounding people and things.

With football it was different. It was a totally other matter. As soon as she wrongly texted Ava, she knew that she would criticise her if she understands. At the end, however, Olivia couldn't bear it anymore and just ended their friendship.

However, nothing of this bothered her as it was the most beautiful day for her.

Olivia's POV:
So you probably wonder what happened after the quite awkward situation with Ava. Well, we had Math next period, which was a bit of an excuse to neglect the angry glares she was sending me. It bothered me. I can't lie.

Throughout the class, I had time to think about it because our teacher was forming grades and stuff like that. Hence, I decided to just go through the events again.

1. I was with Paige;
2. We were walking;
3. She told me to talk with Ava;
4. I zoned out;
5. We walked into the classroom;
6. Something I don't want to remember;
7-Everything was over.

Nothing much, right?

Still...I decided to think about it, but I couldn't think anything. Like a memory loss or something of the kind. And the fact that there was only one thing I could think of really today wasn't helping either.

3rd person POV:
When the Math class ended, Liv decided to leave the room as soon as possible to avoid locking eyes with Ava. Too bad that it happened.

As Olivia was leaving the room, Ava hurried to catch her before she leaves. The only thing she did was to walk straight beside her very quickly, leaving Olivia to wonder. She didn't say anything, only walked beside her. Probably just to make sure her dignity is safe.

"What just happened?" She thought.
However, Liv decided that the day was too precious to be lost over something she was glad she had done.

Olivia's POV:
The fact that today is the World Cup final is insane! I didn't even think that I would still bear my nerves, but yet...everything is fine.

The one thing that keeps me alive is having the tournament's biggest moment tonight! And on top of that, no one is going to be at home because my parents and sister got invited to one of our friend's house to celebrate someone's birthday. I don't even know whose birthday they are going to celebrate, so why would I go? Not that they would want me, but only one thing is true.

I'll BE HOME ALONE TO WATCH THE WORLD CUP FINAL.

Nothing could be better at the moment.

As I was going home, I decided to go to the near shop to get some snacks for the match because if I have to be honest, I really do love eating.
When I got home, I felt it.

The atmosphere of freedom.

I left my bag, washed my hands, got dressed in more comfortable clothes, got all the snacks, and went to the living room.

The match was decided to start at 17:00 (or 5pm) in my country, so I got before the TV with all the snacks, turned the TV on, switched the program with the one broadcasting the match, and started waiting for it to begin.

After that...Well, you know what happened.