Moonlight Memories

The moon sparkled that night. The air was fresh and clean. Crickets were quietly chirping. All was still.

Except for the young man's heart. It was racing in his chest. His stomach too. Butterflies were flying around.he wiped his palm on the inside of his cloak and smoothed his never-staying-flat hair down again.

It was the first night out with this girl. He knew her well, in fact, they'd been best friends since they were children, but now, going out with her on a date, it made the boy feel as though he didn't know her at all.

It was hard to get here. He had to sneak out of the cabin, without making any noise, for his mentor was a light sleeper and would likely punish him if he caught him sneaking out.

He wiped his palm again.

The boy heard a snap of a twig and turned around slowly. Out from the woods came a slim female, covered in a white courier's dress. The dress gleamed in the moonlight.

"Will," Alyss said, smiling brightly.

Will tried to answer, but found his voice to be a croak. He cleared it and tried again. "Alyss. You look lovely tonight."

"Don't I look lovely every night?" she replied, smirking.

Will fumbled for an answer. Alyss grinned and put a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm joking, Will. Thank you."

Will grinned embarrassedly. He realized that this was just like any other night. There was nothing to be afraid of. Alyss was Alyss. He led her over to the small blanket with food he set up for her.

It was the best night of his young life. They laughed and talked and joked. Will even felt relaxed most of the time. He would remember this night forever as the night of his first date.

Sorry for such a short one, I honestly couldn't think of anything to write about. Hope you enjoyed it! Remember to share, vote, and comment!