Home Sweet Home - James "Munky" Shaffer (KORN) PART 1

Your POV:
Today, me and James were cleaning the house. My mom was coming to visit, so we decided she could stay at our house instead for paying for a hotel. Anyways, with that, we had to clean up. We started from the kitchen and the front of house, to our room and the back of the house. When we were done, we sat in the living room, trying to relax. I laid on his shoulder as he seemed to be falling asleep a bit.
"James, we can't got to sleep yet hon."
"Awww, whyyyyy?" He whined.
"Cause we have to pick my mom from the airport later at five."
He looked down at his watch.
"It's three now. We got time."
"Barely. It's practically almost an hour drive to the airport. Might be longer if traffic is horrendous."
He sighed, rubbing his eyes with his hand. I felt bad for him.

He's been having the worst times trying to go to sleep lately. Don't know when the last time he had actual rest. Poor thing. I felt sorry for him.

I sighed.
"I have an idea. I'll drive us to the airport so you can go to sleep for a bit."
"What? Nonono. You do enough as it is."
"Please," I pleaded, hoping he would stop being stubborn and let me help him out.
"Ok. But I'm driving us back. Clear?"
"Crystal."

At 3:45, we left. Before I even can back out of the driveway, Munks was fast asleep. I smiled and put on the "Tragic Kingdom" album by No Doubt. Nothing too much. Something, chill I suppose.

"Are we at the right place?" James asked.
We arrived big to long ago. It was 4:55.
"That's what she said." I said looking around.
We then saw people leaving the terminal in front of us. No sign of mom. I saw Munks fidgeting with his thumbs.
"It'll be alright James. Relax."
This was the first time he met her and was scared to make a fool out of himself. Not long until I saw her.

"Ma!" I exclaimed, as she left the terminal. She ran up to us and hugged me.
"Oh, my (Y/N). So good to see you."
She let go to look at Munky, who was still quite nervous.
She smiled at him and went to hug him.
"Awww. You must be James! (Y/N) told me lots of things about you. It's so good to finally meet you!"
James face went red and hot bashful.
"G-Good to meet you too, ma'am."
She turned to look at me and smiled.
"And he has some manners! Come along now. I need to get my bags."

The drive home was mainly consisted Munks and my mom talking, mainly about him since she took a interest shot when he mentioned he was in a band.
"You didn't tell me that!" She said, turning to look at me from the passenger seat.
"What's the name of it?"
"Korn."
"Like the vegetable? How peculiar."
Yes, very. Especially considering the back story of the name, which I would never dare, and made sure to tell Munks, not to tell her about it.
Disgusting.

We arrived back at home and hour later. We helped my mom with her bags and loaded it in the guest bedroom in the house.
"Such a beautiful place this is. All clean too."
I smiled. We try to keep the place clean as best as we can, doesn't help Brian like coming in here fuc- pardon my language since my mother is here- messing up things in here. Anyways, when she was situated, she sat down on the couch. She looked at Munks and patted to a the spot next to her.

Munky's POV:
I don't know why I was still nervous with their mother. I looked back at them and they nodded at me. I sat down next to their mother as they went into the kitchen. She chuckled.
"James there's no need to be shy about me."
I said nothing, still a bit nervous.
She smiled at me.

"Haven't been here in ages. Miss California dearly. So much things to do, the weather is good. How long have you lived here James?"
"For a while. Don't plan on leaving," I said, with a bit of a smile.
"Aw you have such a cute smile James. Anyways, I'm glad you're with (Y/N), treating them well and loving them. That's good."
She then turned her head to them in the kitchen.
"However, I still don't see any grandchildren!"
(Y/N) and me chuckled a bit.
"Mama..."
"What?"

Sorry guys. Kinda died for a bit. I've been so tired with shit lately so sorry if the load of stories are slow. Apologies in advance.
Oh and I chose the title the way it is since this was the song my dad played on Guitar Hero constantly when he came back from being deployed in South Korea.
Title Credits: "Home Sweet Home" Mötley Crüe