CHAPTER 6: The Countess

I woke up and my head hurt a bit. As I got ready for the day I was surprised to find my knife in the closet. "So it wasn't just a terrible dream." I said to myself.

I stepped out into the hallway and made my way to the elevator. At least I was but then I saw a small child run past me. I hadn't even heard it. It looked to be a boy with pale skin and hair. He was dressed in a little suit and was giggeling.

"Wow you scared me half to death lil man:" I said with a laugh, but the child ignored me. "Okayyy" I said quietly. And continued my way to the elevator.

I went to the bar but Liz wasn't there, so instead I went to the check in counter. And there she was.

"Liz! How are you!" I yelled, which must've caught her off guard because the cigarette slipped from her mouth.

She put on a smile and picked the cigarette up. "Y/N. Good to see you."

"Is something wrong Liz?" I asked.

"Oh nothing! I just wasn't expecting to see you, so early. It was rather late, when you left to get some food." She said and smiled again.

"True. But I feel like today would be a good day for some exploring." I said.

"Day? It's still dark outside. The sun won't come up for another couple of hours." She said and elegantly flung her fan open.

"Oh. I hadn't realized." I said and sighed, I didn't wanna go back to my room. "Well, is there anything to do around here?" I asked and leaned on the counter.

Liz was about to reply, when the elevator dinged. My head moved on its own and everything seemed to move in slow motion. Out of the elevator stepped the most hauntingly beautiful woman I had ever seen. My gaze followed her as she came down the stairs. She made eyecontact with me and swiftly came over to us.

"Liz." She said with a cool smile.

"Hello there." She said and winked.

"And who might you be?" She directed at me.

Thankfully my mouth and vocalcords hadn't stopped working. "Y/N." I said merely a whisper.

"Beautiful. I am the Countess." She said and moved along. But didn't leave zuntil she yelled out an ivitation to her appartment.

"OH my god." I breathed after a gulp to wet my throat.

"I thought so before but now it's official." Liz said and looked at me.

"What is?" I asked.

"You. Y/N are something special." She stated. "Let's get a drink." She said and went up to the bar.

"How so?" I asked and quickly followed her.

"First Mr. March and now his wife." She said with a laugh.

I paused for a second. "HIS WIFE?!" I screeched. To which Liz laughed.

She pourred herself a martini and me something colorful. I took a sip and mhmed "That one's good." I said and Liz nodded.

"Whatever you do Y/N. Don't cross her. You can't get out of this now. She clearly has interest in you. But so does he." Liz brabbled on. "I got it. Maybe if you leave now, you'll have a chance." She said and clapped her fan close.

"Leave? But Liz. I don't understand." I protested.

"And it better stays that way. They're not very understanding. So talking it out is not an option." She insisted.

"Talking it out? Liz you are not making any sense." I said and tried to smile but her face was scrunched up in worry.