Chapter 34: learning by doing

We got all kinds of stares from the people around us. I was slowly getting used to the gawking meatbags swarming around us while tripping over their own feet.

"Hey, sweetcheeks." One of the more intoxicated ones said. He was definitely not suited for consumption.

We ignored him, but he kept up with us.
Hurling all kinds of vulgar things in our direction.

"We're out of your league." Donovan said nonchalantly.
The meatbag coughed, eyes wide. However, he didn't stop following us.

"Too good to look at me." He grunted angrily. Then he spat onto Donovan's shoe. He might have been drunk, but his aim was truly something.

I could feel him tense up, but not one of us gave that disgusting little man the satisfaction of acknowledgment. We simply continued walking.
That got rid of him.

We rounded another corner and spotted a couple of young adults talking and laughing.
We swooped in and charmed them like usual, this time, however, we didn't go back to the hotel.
Donovan led the way into a darkened allyway, and we followed, cutting off the only exit.
Before one of them could react, we slit their throats.

"Not one drop spilled. You're getting good at this y/n." Donovan praised.

"See. I knew you had potential, y/n." Elizabeth said proudly.

We returned home promptly. But instead of going our separate ways, we went up to the bar.
It felt like ages since I had truly seen Liz. She looked just as stunning as I had remembered.

"Look who has risen from the dead." She exclaimed happily upon seeing us enter her domaine. She came up to us, temporarily leaving her work.

"Liz!" Elizabeth said and hugged her.

"Y/N." She said softly as she came up to me. We hugged, and I smiled.

"Hey." Donovan said cool and liz returned a slow nod.