CHAPTER 18: the detective

"Sounds like a handfull." Liz said and took another drag. "If you need anything, you can count on me." She said and smiled.

Just then, a very disheveled looking man entered the hotel in a hurry.

"Room 64! Who lives there?" He yelled and slammed his hands onto the counter.

"We don'trent that one out." Liz said.

I was about to say something but remembered that, technically, ghosts don't count as residents.

"I know someone's living in there." He said loudly.

"Well, you're wrong. If you want to, you can check it yourself." Liz said and threw a spare key. "You wanna show him to the room?" Liz asked me, and I agreed.

"This way mr....hey what's your name?" I asked.

"Detective Lowe. John lowe." He stated matter of factly.

"Wanna tell me your star sign and adress aswell or is that enough information?" I asked sarcastically.
He didn't respond.
"You know. That room is vacant. My rooms next to it. I'd know if there was someone living in there." I explained.

"I know someone is staying in room 64. And it is the ten commandments killer." He said angrily.

"The who now?" I asked, but didn't really care. Then we got to the room and I gave him the littlest bit of information. "That room used to be the hotel's owners office. Just a little fun fact." I said and went back down.

Once I reached the end of the hallway, James appeared. "How do you like my colleague?" He asked, clicking his tongue.

"Your colleague?" I asked, confused. "As in joke because he's a cop?"

"No. As in, he is actually the ten commandments killer but doesn't remember it yet." He said and chuckled.

"Wait... say what now?"

"What now?" He mimicked, and I almost cried laughing.

"No, it's not meant like that.... like it means, what did you just say?" I tried to explain.

"Understood. He is continuing what I started all those years ago. But he can't remember." James explained.

"How curious. Very weird." I stated.