Chapter 48: Ending

"Oh y/n." Liz cried as I held her tightly.

She calmed down after a while and smiled. "As long as you're happy." She said and wiped the tears off her face. "I'm happy." She continued her previous sentence.

"Thank you, Liz." I said and smiled.

"Truly. Thank you, dearest. I must say I'm glad my darling has a friend like you." James said and smiled genuinely.

It was kind of weird, but perhaps that was one of the things the people said to each other back in his day....

We spend most of the night with Liz and Tristan.

After a while, Donovan joined us while Liz said she had enough for the night and went to bed.

"Y/n." Donovan said as he hugged me. "James," he nodded, but James stretched out his hand. Donovan took it, and James laid his other hand on top.

"Thank you for being my love's friend. I know how much you mean to her. I respect you for that." James said quietly.

Donovan just nodded and glanced over at Tristan. They nodded at each other.

"We cool?" Tristan asked.

"I don't know yet." Donovan replied, squinting.

"I won't push it." Tristan said with his hands raised.

We talked for the rest of the night until Tristan and Donovan headed off to sleep.

"This is the beginning. " James said with a happy grin on his face.

"What do you mean?" I asked curiously.

"Our afterlife together. This is where it begins." He said and took my hand in his. "Let's celebrate." He smiled and kissed me.

From that point forward, we terrorized the hotel. Not one guest was safe. If not killed by us, one of the other entities handled them.