Chapter: 46 beginnings

James and I talked about death for a while, he explained that I would have to adjust to my new state of being for a bit and that the abilities I had observed, like 'teleporting' were things that took time to train.

"I should talk to her." I said, and James sighed.

"Maybe we both should." He said with a small smile. "Later. For now, let's just stay together." He added and sighed happily.

We cuddled and listened to some of his old records as time passed by. The sun rose and fell, yet we didn't sleep, no need for rest when you're dead.

"Let's get up. As much as I'd love to stay like this. I am getting a bit restless. I would like to do something." I said and smiled.

"Anything you want, my dear." He said and got up.

He got dressed in one of his fancy suits. I was about to put on some of my old clothes, but James sneaked around me.
"We could match if you'd like." He said and gave me a light neckscarf that matched his ascot.

"You know I'd love to." I said and put the neckscarf on. I then looked for something fitting, finding yet again something that had belonged to Elizabeth.
Once both of us were all dressed up, we headed down to the bar.

"Liz!" I yelled with a big smile.

"Oh, look at you, y/n. Don't you two look dashing." She said wamly.

We sat down and talked for a while until I saw the countess enter the hotel.
She was alone. No Donovan. No food.
"I'm gonna speak to her." I said and walked down.
"Elizabeth." I said just as she was about to step into the elevator.

"Y/n." She replied, cool. "It suits you." She then added and gestured to the outfit I wore. "I feel like that a lot of things that used to belong to me fit you a lot better." She said. There was no anger, no malice. It sounded truthful.

"Thank you." I sighed and let her walk into the elevator.