Chapter: 45 revelation

Donovan walked me to our shared room and knocked on the door while I hid behind him. James opened the door. "Hey pal..." Donovan said suspicously.

"Donovan." James answered.

"I better leave you two alone..." He said as he glanced at me and I nodded. He stepped aside revealing me to James, who's jaw dropped the moment he realized what he was looking at.

"My goodness, y/n!" He yelled and pulled me in. "Who did this?!" He asked, his tone of voice getting more furious by each word. I heard Donovan close the door and I hugged onto James. He seemed stunned for a second but hugged back. "My sweet darlin'." He cooed.

"I angered her a tad too much." I said and sobbed.

"HER?" James yelled and looked at me, his eyes darkening. "Elizabeth did this to you!" He asked bewildered.

"Yes. We got into a fight and I had to pay the price." I started to explain.

"What did you fight over? How could she justify this?" He asked very confused.

"She got jelous and decided to take it out on Donovan and me with her new boy toy. But that guy's a total mess. We made fun of them and called her out for her shit and I might've gone a bit too far, pushing her into a corner. Figuratively only of course." I explained.

"What did you say to her? You must've really upset her if she did that to you. You look even worse than...me." He said and it seemed like something clicked. "What did she last say to you?" He asked.

"I told her I'm not her slave and then she said 'Right. You're James'." I said and he started to catch on.

"She set you free." He said and smiled.

"I wouldn't call it that, I'm stuck here after all." I said and he laughed.

"Now we can be together y/n. She gave you up. Her killing you was to cut the bond you two had. I mean judging from the blood on your clothes, she let you bleed out." He said and gestured to my stained clothes. "That's how I died. She made it more than clear that she is no longer interested in you." He explained.