Part 12.1

A/N: Surprise! Thought it would be fun to post a week ahead to celebrate AM headlining Glasto again after 10 years! Which also means this bit of the story was a decade ago as well, damn. I hope you enjoy this one, it's quite juicyyyy heheheh. Thank you for reading and for your feedback, I love reading your comments so bloody much! xx

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧

The rest of that fateful Monday had been so weird to Ella.

She was still feeling the ghost of her hangover all over her, though she'd also have to attribute her exhaustion to the rather lively night she'd had and how it had continued briefly earlier in the morning.

All she had done was taken a shower, gone to have breakfast and ordered lunch from her place in the cozy bed.

And everything else was silence.

Not quite literally, for she had the TV on and was playing a film that she was half mindedly watching, texting Breana and Flo here and there—but after being used to talking to Alex on the daily for the past six months, his radio silence had her heart breaking.

She didn't even know if she should try to start a conversation or ring him up. What could she even say? She had absolutely no idea.

In a moment of utter desperation, Ella had called Bre and asked her "Is this all my fault?" as soon as her best friend picked up.

Bre had calmed her down and very honestly told her that she'd done nothing wrong and it all had gone that way because of him choosing to react the way he did.

That seemed to calm Ella down a bit more, as she thought and thought and ended up agreeing with Breana's point of view. Yet that didn't mean it hurt anything less.

Ultimately, Ella had fallen asleep after deciding that she'd just give him space and she would just silently hope that he would reach back out to her sooner than later.

Ella thought her wishes had come true when her phone woke her up from all the incessant buzzing of messages coming through.

She quickly leaped for it and unlocked it to see what the messages were saying but she deflated when it turned out to be everyone but Alex speaking in the groupchat the Monkeys had with her.

Jamie had started the conversation asking how everyone was feeling, having been the one to witness the rest of them absolutely drunk, to which Matt and Nick replied with a few jokes, Breana teasing her boyfriend by saying he was lying about his 'alright' state.

The three had teamed up against the drummer and she saw that a few minutes later Flo had joined in the taunting up until the conversation switched and Nick asked how Ella was feeling.

Bre—bless her—had spoken for Ella and told them she'd just been on the phone to her and she was a bit tired, to which Matt joked about her needing to catch up to their rhythm because they needed to take advantage of every day she had left in the UK.

Nick had suggested going out the next day, just to a pub that was at a centric point for everyone and hang out without needing to drink much or at all for that matter.

The lads had been throwing suggestions when Flo said she had work to do which she had to show at a meeting on Thursday so she wouldn't be able to make it, but gave them a few other places they could all try.

That was when Ella had joined the conversation, telling them she was alive and playfully exaggerating how they all couldn't live without her.

Breana had agreed with the statement and begged her to say yes to the plans. Not that Ella was going to decline, because she really needed the distraction.