10. | First Date

Theme: Fluff

The late autumn breeze carefully swept through the air, creating a ruffling in the remaining leaves of the trees and causing chimes to clash together, making a pleasing sound to the ear. It had been around a week since Luke and Zander got together, but the two hadn't been on a proper date yet, and today that was going to change.

Zander paced around in his room, frantically looking for his earring. 'Ugh, where is it?...' he thought to himself. Suddenly the door to the purple haired boy's room opened. Zander darted his head in that direction, to be greeted by non other than his sister.

"Well you look dashing," Hailey complimented, her mouth curving into a smile.

"Yeah, thanks," Zander responded bluntly, his head turning back towards his dresser. "Hey do you have any idea where my favorite dangly earring is? I could've sworn I put it here but I can't seem to find it."

"Oh yeah, I stole it. Also Luke's going to be here in like less than 10 minutes so...just a heads up," Hailey said, leaning on the doorframe while examining her newly painted light pink nails.

"What- okay whatever thanks. Can you go now? I need to give myself a pep talk," Zander replied with a sigh.

"Okay, I'll be downstairs!" Hailey exclaimed cheerfully as she stepped out, presumably heading towards the stairs.

Zander took a deep breath, exhaling anxiously. He took a look at himself in the mirror for the hundredth time. He wasn't wearing anything over the top fancy, just a black turtle neck and light blue jeans since Luke said it was going to be pretty laid back, and he didn't have any clean blazers. Zander walked over to his dresser again, grabbing some rather expensive cologne, putting it on.

For some reason he was feeling quite nervous. He wasn't sure why, the two had hung out countless times on their own before, but this was different. Now it was a date, an actual one. Not just some silly hang out together. A proper date. Zander felt himself tense again. He took another deep breath and exhaled slowly. He turned around, grabbing a pair of black and white converse, sitting on his bed and putting them over his pastel purple kitty socks. He took a moment to tie them, messing up a few times and having to redo it.

He got up and started walking downstairs, making sure to grab his earring in Hailey's room before. As he walked down the stairs, the doorbell rung. Zander's heart skipped a beat as he heard it ring. He quickened his pace a bit as he neared the front door. He swallowed, putting his hand on the nob, turning it, only to be greeted by his lover.

"Hey Luke, come in," Zander smiled, stepping back a bit so the caramel brown haired man could enter. Luke smiled back, his hands were behind his back, though Zander had a clue as to what may be behind it.

"Hey, I hope I didn't keep you waiting too long," Luke lightly chuckled. "I have something for you," He continued. Zander's eyes brightened as Luke pulled a beautiful bouquet of flowers out from behind him. "Sorry, I know it's not much but I was know you like lavender so I thought you'd like it..." he said, awkwardly grinning, his eyes adverted to the wooden floor.

" he said, awkwardly grinning, his eyes adverted to the wooden floor