13. | Braiding

Theme: Fluff

It was a late spring evening, with two boys lounging around the kitchen. Zander was scrolling through his phone on a barstool that was facing towards the island in their kitchen, and Luke was scanning through his boyfriend's fridge. Not finding anything that he really wanted at the moment, he closed the fridge door gently, looking back towards his lover.

Zander seemed to be in his own world. Luke watched his thumb continuously go in an up and down motion on his phone, while his other hand was supporting his head, resting on the countertop. Luke walked over to him, not having anything on his mind. He approached Zander from behind and put his arms around him, then rested his head on his lover's shoulder, watching Zander's phone out of boredom. He was imminently greeted with the appealing and rich scent of his boyfriend's shampoo and cologne, as well as the soft fabric of his hoodie. Luke had always loved the way Zander smelled, even though it may sound strange.

Luke rotated his head to the side to softly kiss his neck a few times, before rubbing his face against his lover's shoulder. Zander was unresponsive to his boyfriend's gestures, but Luke could tell he didn't mind at all. Luke pulled away slightly from his lover, gazing upon his medium length purple ombré hair. Luke then shoved his face gently into the back of his head. Feeling the scent of shampoo come back to him, as well as the softness and satisfying texture of his lover's hair.

After a bit, he pulled away again. Zander was still unresponsive, as this was a rather normal occurrence for Luke to do. Luke starred at his lover's hair again, this time reaching his right hand that was previously placed on Zander's waist, into his hair, grabbing a few strands, gently and delicately playing with it. Luke then had an idea as he removed his other hand from his boyfriend and brought it back up to his hair as well.

Luke softly maneuvered his fingers through his lover's hair, creating a distinct three small pieces, then gently weaving them together in a braid.

"What are you doing?" Zander asked nonchalantly, feeling Luke slightly tug on his purple locks. Yet he didn't stop him, in fact he actually quite liked how it felt to have his hair being pulled and played with by his boyfriend's gentle hands. His arm was still resting on the countertop and supporting his head with his hand, and he was still scrolling through his phone.

"Braiding your hair," Luke replied, slightly delayed as his fingers still weaved the hair strands in and around the other strands. Zander raised an eyebrow slightly as he stopped to look at something on his phone.

"You know how to do that?" He asked, a bit concerned Luke would make a big knot in his perfect, coifed locks.

"Of course I do. I have a sister too y'know. Also I've braided Bethany and Hailey's hair before." He replied again, his focus still on his hair.

"And you didn't mess it up horribly? I'm impressed, Babe," Zander said sarcastically, lightly chuckling. Luke smiled as he continued.

"Do you have a hair tie?" He asked his boyfriend after a few minutes. Zander responded by slightly pulling back the sleeve of his hoodie and pulling the hair tie off of his wrist, reaching back to hand it to him. Luke thanked him and grouped his hair into a big strand, pulling it together.

"Are you done?" Zander asked him, putting his phone down.

"Yeah," he replied. "Do you wanna see it?" Luke questioned. Zander hummed a yes in response. Luke grabbed his lover's phone, unlocking it and taking a picture of his hair. He gave it back after tapping on the photo he took, making it bigger. Zander took his phone into his hands and looked at it.

"Wow, you did a good job, I love it," he said affectionately. His hair was pulled into two braids on each side of his head, then pulled pack together creating a little ponytail in the middle.

"I'm glad," Luke affectionately replied back, tilting his lover's head back slightly to kiss his lips a few times. He pulled back, gazing into his lover's eyes. "I love you."

"I love you too."

_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

Zander resided within the Music Club's room, sitting down at his piano bench, playing his normal warm-up with long tones and eighth notes. Suddenly, he heard the club room's door being opened. He didn't look up or stop what he was doing though.

"Hey Zander! Oh, cute hairstyle!" Zander recognized the feminine voice as Milly's. Zander pulled his hands away from his piano, taking his foot of the sustain pedal, making the sound stop. He looked up at Milly, his cheeks slightly flushed red from mild embarrassment.

"Oh, er, thanks. Luke did it last night and I just hadn't gotten around to taking it out yet..." he thanked, mumbling slightly, resting his hands in his lap.

"Awww, that's so cute, I'm sure you just didn't want to take it out because he did it, am I right?" Milly laughed, teasingly. Zander adverted his gaze at her, his cheeks even more red than they were before.

"Shut your face. I bet you'd be the same way with that garden boy if you actually got around to telling him you like him-"

"SHUT YOUR BIG MOUTH!"

Hey guys! I hope you liked this little oneshot 💙 I've always loved the idea of Zander having slightly longish hair that you could mess around with so I decided to make this lol

Also, I'm continuing working on my new book that will be coming soon! I already have four chapters done, I just need to edit them and then I can post them once I've done a few more chapters, so stay tuned. I'm thinking I'll probably be posting the book Thursday?? Maybe?? We'll see lol, stay tuned ✨