33. | A Lonely Christmas

Finally I'm on my Christmas break so I can actually do things now yippee 🙌

Anyways, this is a Christmas special so I hope you enjoy 💗🎄

Theme: Angst and Fluff

...

"What do you mean you're breaking up with me?" I stood in disbelief as a stinging of pain overtook my heart.

"Zander, I just...I just realized you're just not the one for me," he said quietly, adverting his pale gaze away from mine.

I stood silent, trying my best to fight the inevitable tears, yet it was no use, as they escaped from my lavender optics onto my rosy cheeks. I quietly cried, covering my mouth with my hand as I lowered my head, closing my eyes.

"Zander I'm sorry-"

"Why on Christmas Eve of all days?!" I shot aggressively at the man in front of me, whom I once called my boyfriend. My pained eyes glared up into his, guilt evident on his face. Most likely for making me cry. He stayed quiet for a moment, probably thinking of some sort of excuse.

"I um...I saw in our banking that you bought something really expensive- I know you told me not to look but...I just um..." He paused for a moment as I cringed, feeling my stomach sink. I knew it wasn't a good idea. I knew I shouldn't have.

"I just saw you bought me a ring and I...I just don't...I was going to tell you eventually but I just...I didn't want to tell you no in front of our family..." He spoke as his shaggy blue hair fell, attempting to hide his deceitful eyes.

I stared at the patterned rug beneath my feat as my eyes continued to expel the clear liquid falling from my reddened eyes. How do I even reply to this? My boyfriend of four years calling it quits the day before I was supposed to propose to him? How long was he thinking this?

...

"So this whole relationship has just been a lie these past few months-or however long you've hated me?" I spoke with malice coating my words. He stayed silent, most likely fearing the words that I was about to say.

"I don't hate you-"

"I love you. I love you so much it hurts, James. Why did you have to be so cruel?! Why couldn't you have told me the second you started feeling this way about me?! I thought honesty was something you valued in a person, you hypocrite!" I took in a deep, shaky breath as more tears continued to fall from my eyes.

"I...I just-"

"You what, James? You wanted to keep me for my income? My body? Both?!"

Again, he stood silent, lowering his gaze, too guilty to look me in the eyes.

"You're absolutely sick. You disgust me," I spoke with venom as I angrily marched toward the table next to our front door, grabbing my phone and keys and putting my coat on before resting my hand on the doorknob. Before I turned it, I looked back into his beautiful pale-almost white yellow eyes.

Looking into his eyes filled me with remorse. All of our amazing memories together. Plagued and ruined. I looked back towards the front door, taking in a painful, pitiful breath.

"Merry Christmas, James," I spoke with a hurt smile. I turned the doorknob, exiting our house into the freezing winter storm outside.

I slammed the door shut behind me, flinching at the loud noise. As I was about to step down from our concrete poach, I noticed a package had been delivered, sitting on one of our patio chairs. Curiosity got the best of me as I went to investigate it. I read the label rather quickly. It was a package for me, having my name and phone number on it. I turned it to the side, reading the company brand.