02

TEARS OF A ROYAL BLOOD
02

SINDISWA

Every morning she likes to drink her tea by the balcony and watch the beautiful land of Nqoboka. Qhawe is really a good King, he cares for his people. You will never hear them complaing that he does not do one and two. He spent his life ensuring that things run smoothly on his kingdom, sadly that meant he had to spend less time with his children and wives. Zizipho does not even remember spending time with her father. Maybe that’s why she is ratchet like this, or it could be something else?

She goes back inside and washes her cup. Zizipho was probably still sleeping, so she started cleaning the house and putting everything in order.

“Knock knock”, that could only be him. She could never miss his voice.

She lets him in.

Qhawe:Good morning.

He hugs her and plants a kiss on her cheek.

Sindiswa:Good morning baba.

Qhawe:I came to check up on you. Kholo told me what happened yesterday.

She sighs.

Qhawe:I don’t know you to be a rude person.

Sindiswa:She said I was rude?

Qhawe:She told me that you spoke badly to her.

Sindiswa:And you believed her? Do you even know the women you married?

She chuckled.

Sindiswa:But how would you know? You are never home anyway.

Qhawe:I am a King, I am not always going to be home. The kingdom needs me. And I have three wives.

Sindiswa:Don’t make that my problem. You are the one who decided to take more wives.

Qhawe looked at the sadness in her eyes and he felt bad. He knew that she didn’t like polygamy, but she made a compromise for him.

Qhawe:I’m sorry.

Sindiswa:Apologizing to me is pointless honestly. Your children are angry and that’s on you. Before you are King, you are a father to four children first. I wonder if you will also neglect Khethi’s children like this.

Qhawe:It wasn’t my intention to neglect anyone.

Sindiswa:You should go. The council is waiting for you.

Qhawe:I’m coming back later.

Sindiswa:It is not my day.

Qhawe:I promised yesterday that I would do better, and I meant it. I don’t want you to feel like I love the other wives more than you.

“But don’t you?”, they hear Zizipho asking standing by the door.

Sindiswa:Were you eavesdropping?

Zizipho:Yes.

Qhawe:My daughter….

She frowned at him and went near to them. She held her mother’s hand. Her father was not her favorite person, he knows that too. She doesn’t know how a father’s love feel like yet she lives with her father in the yard.

Qhawe:I have to go.

He walks out.

Sindiswa:Don’t eavesdrop again. You are still a child to us.

Zizipho:But I was just asking.

Sindiswa:Hay Zee, it’s not your business. Me and your father are your parents, not your friends.