08

TEARS OF A ROYAL BLOOD
08

ZIZIPHO

She couldn't wait for the sun to shine . It's a new day and she's leaving this place. She didn't sleep at all last night. It's been a while since she went to Durban, she goes time to time to visit her brother. And hearing that she's going to stay alone while her brother fixes things at home just sounded like music to her ears.
Her suitcase is packed and she made sure to get everything.
Her mother comes into her room.

Sindiswa:Did you pack everything?

Zizipho:Yes.

Sindiswa:Okay, let's get these bags to the car. Did you say goodbye to your father?

Zizipho:I only hinted it yesterday that I'm leaving. As always, he didn't have time to listen because he was rushing somewhere.

Sindiswa:Please take care of yourself myt child where you are going. Don't fall into temptation. You're going to meet new people who do things differently. In everything you do, please remember that you are a princess.

Zizipho:I promise. So where is Bhuti?

The excitement in her voice was loud enough for anyone to hear.

Zizipho:Let me go and say goodbye to everyone.

She went to the main house and bid goodbye. Not everyone was happy obviously but it doesn't matter, she's leaving.
She comes across her father and her whole body just gets stiff. The presence of a man does not disgust her or anger her, but with him it's a different story.

Zizipho:Hi. I just came here to say goodbye to everyone. I'm leaving today.

Qhawe:Oh that was today?

Zizipho:Yes.

Qhawe:Are you going to come back?

Zizipho:Yes, I just need to go and find myself.

Qhawe:Okay, I wish you the best of lucky daughter.

Zizipho:Thank you.

She quickly walks away from the awkwardness.
Her bags were already loaded in the car and they were ready to leave.
She hugged her mother one more time and kissed her cheek.

Zizipho:I will miss you the most.

Sindiswa:I miss you already. Take care Zee.

She blows a kiss to her and gets inside the car.

Solwazi:Are you ready?

Zizipho:Yep. Let's do this.
.
.
.
.
SINDISWA

With Zizipho gone, she is about to get bored. Solwazi is barely even in the house. These days he's more hands on with the family matters. She thought he didn't want anything to do with this family and anything relating to the throne, but now it's a different story.

She's sure that she's alone in the house and she closes the door on Zizipho's room.
.
.
.
.
.
KHOLO

The princess left, she wasn't sure how to feel about that. Thembeka also wanted to leave months ago to live with her brother but Qhawe said no. So how did he allow  her to go?
She shakes her head and continues with what she was doing, and wondering where her husband is.

Thembeka:Ma can I ask you something?

Kholo:Go ahead.

Thembeka:Let’s say I get pregnant, what would you do?

She stops what she was doing and looks at her.

Kholo:Usayintombi?(You're still a Virgin?)

Thembeka:Yes, I'm just asking.

Kholo:I would be disappointed I won't lie. I have so much plans for you. You know when your brother is king, that means you will also be in line because you are his sister. Marrying into another family would mean you have no say in that marriage. You will just be a wife and they will always undermine you. You see how they treat us the wives here don’t you?

Thembeka:I see.

KHOLO:I'm glad you do. This world needs one to open their eyes and make life saving decisions.

Thembeka:I hear you mom.

She walked out.
.
.
.
.
In Morningside, Durban

They just arrived and she just finished unpacking her clothes. At least she is familiar with the house, so she doesn't need a tour.

Zizipho:Well you can go back home now.

Solwazi:Chasing me out already?

Zizipho:You can still make it.

Solwazi:Okay, if you need anything let me know. There is enough groceries here to last for a year but I will send you some money. Behave Zee.

Zizipho:I will bhuti I promise.

Solwazi:Okay, I have to go back now. You still know how to lock right?

Zizipho:Yes I do.

She pushed him out laughing.
He walked away and she breathed deeply. A whole house to herself! Now she needs to be responsible and show her mother and brother that she can do this.
.
.
.
.
Narrated

A week later, Solwazi was hands on with the kingdom so much he didn't realize that he was doing too much. For someone who claimed that he didn't want anyt to do with it, he has attended more than five meetings and bagged a new land. That means more money and more jobs!
He is always following his father, and he didn't think he'd say this, but he isn't so bad.
He hasn't seen Mkhonto for days, but today he promises to see him.
He just arrived at home and he is tired as a dog.

Sindiswa:You should tone it down. It's not good to overwork yourself.

Solwazi:There's just so much that needs to be done ma.

Sindiswa:I know, but shouldn't Mkhonto be the one doing all this?

Solwazi:Mkhonto is too soft, and he doesn't know how to authorize his voice. I'm just helping him out here.

Sindiswa:Are you sure? Or you also have your eyes on the throne?

Solwazi:Please. I'm not the heir, remember? I need to see him. I'll be back later.

He stands up and walks out. He passes by the throne room hoping he would find him there but there was no one. It was empty.

Everyday, he has been finding himself sitting on the throne chair. It just feels good and he can't resist the feeling.
He sits down on it and breathe nervously. He hopes no one sees him because they would just think something else.
.
.
.
Outside, Mkhonto tells Lisa that he is coming back. He needs to connect with the throne. If he's going to be king, he needs to show it. Solwazi has been doing all the work and he doesn't like it. He is the heir, not Solwazi. Just seeing him running around with their father brings up the anger he never thought he had.

He is shocked to the core when he sees Solwazi sitting on his chair.
He can't control himself and he marches to him in anger.
He pushes him off of the chair and land a punch to his face.

Solwazi:Is there a reason why you did that?

He asks holding his jaw.

Mkhonto:I see what you are doing Solwazi.

Solwazi:What am I doing?

Mkhonto:You want to steal my legacy. That chair is mine and I'm the one who's going to sit on it. Not you!

Solwazi:You completely have it wrong. I'm not after your legacy. I'm sorry if it seemed that way. I'll back away from now on.

It made him more angry that he's just being so calm about this. Why isn't he throwing a tantrum or hitting him back? Why is he just relaxed?
.
.
.
To be continued