10

TEARS OF A ROYAL BLOOD
10

MKHONTO

After a while, he stands up from the ground and looks around confused. He wasn't sure what just happened. It felt like a part of him has been removed and replaced with something else. He walks out of the throne room and goes to his room with Lisa.

Lisa:Hey babe.

He frowns at her.

Lisa:Are you okay?

Mkhonto:Uhm yeah....

Lisa:Okay, I am almost done cooking. Your mother was here, she said Thembeka is sick.

Mkhonto:Thembeka?

Lisa:Yes, Thembeka your sister. Are you okay?

She laughs at him.

Mkhonto:Yes MY sister. Okay I will go and check.

He walks out and he just stands in the middle of the yard. His mind registers and it's only then that he starts walking to his mother's house.
He finds them on Thembeka's bedroom.

Mkhonto:Ma, what happened?

Kholo:Thembeka was not feeling well, but I called the doctor.

His eyes moved to Thembeka who looked so pale and drained on the bed.

Mkhonto:Will you be okay?

Thembeka:Yes.

He nodded. He needed to take care of something.
.
.
.
.
At the seer's hut.

His eyes are shut closed when he opens them so fast!
He feels his chest closing in on him and he grunts.
He lights his sage and throws his bones.

Ndlovu:Khulumani nami bo Gogo no mkhulu, kwenzekani emzini wa Zondo?(Talk to me my ancestors, what is happening at Zondo’s house?)

He groans and throws his bones again. The whole hut was full of the smoke from Impepho.

Ndlovu:You bought me here to help. Show me what's happening. I'm seeing a dark cloud over this family. Talk to me.

He looks at the bone and moves his shoulders up and down.

Ndlovu:Akukwazi! (It can't be!)

He is horrified by what he just saw.

He throws his bones again and talks with his ancestors, asking them for protection and to look over this family.

The door to his hut opens and he frowns wondering who is disturbing him.

Someone gets in without even taking off their clothes.
.
.
.
.
.
ZIZIPHO

It's not the first time she is in Durban, she studied here but had to go back home when she was done. She did a three year diploma. Work? She will look for it soon. She realizes that she spent so much time worrying about her mother that she lost control of her own life. She made a vow yesterday that she is never touching alcohol again, okay maybe just a glass or two. But she will never be drunk to the point where she can't even walk.
Then, she needs to get in touch with the therapist. Her brother gave her the details. She doesn't want to delay it any longer. She has seen people harboring pain inside without getting help. She wants to be better. She just wants to look at her father and not feel any anger.
It pains her that the only thing that matters to him is the throne only. He couldn't care any less about them.
She grew up with this hate, her own father being in the yard but failed dismally at being a father.

She wipes her tears and call the therapist to set up an appointment.
.
.
.
.
At Nqoboka Kingdom.

Mkhonto walks to his father who was with Solwazi...