07

TEARS OF A ROYAL BLOOD
07

SOLWAZI

After spending a few minutes in the throne room, he walked out. He went to find Mkhonto because he heard he was leaving by noon.

Indeed, he finds them packing.

Solwazi:So they were right? You're leaving?

Mkhonto:Eyy I need to be in my house. I'm suffocated here.

Solwazi:You are aware of what awaits you in a few months right?

Mkhonto:Please don't sound like my father right now.

Solwazi:Running away from this will not help you. You will come back and still it will be waiting for you.

Mkhonto:Wow, I thought you understood me.

Solwazi:I do understand you, but the circumstances are against you Mkhonto. You knew about this since you were young. You know royal people don't get to choose what they want. You deny that throne, and you are just setting yourself up for a rain of bad luck.

Mkhonto sighed and sat down.

Mkhonto:Seeing how our father is a terrible parent because of that throne, I don't think I want it. I don't want my children to grow up hating me like we hate our father.

Solwazi:It's like I told him, we are supposed to be the better version of our parents. You have to make the change and be different from him.

He nodded.

Mkhonto:I hear you.

He rubbed his hands over his face.

Solwazi:Now put those clothes back. A man doesn't run away from his problems. You face them and head on.
.
.
.
.
KHETHI

Having Nomzamo around has been fun. They spent the whole night up yesterday, drinking and chilling. She has the biggest hangover right now.

Nomzamo:Don't you have any tomatoes here?

Khethi:I haven't done the grocery yet.

Nomzamo:Eish okay, let me drink this.

She says drinking the last wine.

Nomzamo:I didn't see king bae last night, kanti wasn't he supposed to sleep here?

Khethi:Only God knows what's happening with that man. I haven't seen him for four days now.

Nomzamo:Ayy kodwa nawe Makheth, what were you thinking marrying a man who already has two wives?

Khethi:Girl have you seen how rich this man is? I'm here on a mission and I will milk him dry.

Nomzamo:Now that's real talk. But don't you think he will chase you out when he finds out you're not royalty?

Khethi:Don't worry, he will never suspect. My family put up a very good act. He's convinced we are royal.

Nomzamo laughs. They hear a knock on the door.

Khethi:I'll get it.

She goes to open the door, and Ndlovu was at the door. This man just sends shivers down her back. It's almost like he can see through her.

Khethi:Can I help you baba?

Ndlovu:I came to warn you.

Khethi:About what?

Ndlovu:About your intentions with this family. It won't end well.

He said and walked away.

Khethi:Mhhh weird.