21

TEARS OF A ROYAL BLOOD
21

SINDISWA

She listens close and figures that they have been caught. Her heart almost jumps out of her rib cage, they are surely going to look for her too. But she can't leave her daughter, and she also can't get caught too. She needs to call for help. She will find a phone and call Solwazi.
She heard the guard footsteps and chattering and she ran to hide in the bushes.
It was already dark outside, and the forest is known to be full of scary things that happen. One time, a woman went missing and they found her months later, she was dead. Apparently she was eaten by the animals of the forest.
She is scared for her life and she can hear the guards getting closer.

"Over here guys, I see something", she hears one of them shouting.

She silently cries and feels someone holding her hand firmly.
She feels herself being pulled away from the forest into the open road.

She looks at who it was and it was one guard.

Sindiswa:Please let me go, say you didn't find me.

Guard:I can't go against my king.

Sindiswa:My son has done many things for you. He helped you get this job and convinced the late king to build your father a house. Please just reconsider.

She didn't want to blackmail him but she's desperate.
The guard looked at her and nodded.

Guard:Okay but you need to run. I'm only doing this for your son, he has always been kind to me.

Sindiswa:Please borrow me your phone. I need to call my son.

He took his phone and gave it to her.
She was about to dial Solwazi's number since she knows it by heart, when they heard the other guards approaching.

Guard:Go go now.

She ran away and didn't look back.

When she was far away from the royal house, she took a moment to catch her breath and quickly called Solwazi.

Solwazi:Ma, I have been waiting. How far are you?

Sindiswa:Trouble Solwazi. Mkhonto took us hostage. We tried to run but he caught us. I managed to escape but Zizipho was caught.

Solwazi:He did what!? Where are you right now!?

Sindiswa:I'm almost at the Banji river. I'm scared Solwazi.

Solwazi:Uhm okay, please remain there. I'm coming. I'll call someone to get you. Mkhonto is dead I swear!!

He hung up and she looked around waiting for that someone to come.
.
.
.
.
SOLWAZI
After getting off the phone with his mother, he stood up and looked at Luyanda...

Solwazi:We need to go.

He got off his laptop and looked at him.

Luyanda:What is going on now?

Solwazi:Mom just called. Mkhonto held them hostage. He is testing me I swear!

Luyanda:Shit Uhm okay!!

Solwazi:I need to call one of my friends to get my mother. It's late at night and she's not safe.

He disappeared into his bedroom and came back again. This is one of the days where he wishes he had a gun.

Luyanda:We need to take a flight. If we drive, we will get there in two hours.

Solwazi:In case you haven't noticed, I don't have a private jet.

Luyanda:But your father had one, didn't he?

Solwazi:Oh konje. Let me call that pilot guy.

He called the guy. He said everything would be ready within an hour. They don't have an hour. Who knows what Mkhonto could have done in one hour?
He is only worried about his mother and sister.
He should have been more careful and vigilant. He knew Mkhonto is possessed but he just left his family there.