36

TEARS OF A ROYAL BLOOD
36

ZIZIPHO

Nozipho suggested that they go back to the place she's renting so they could talk more about this. It feels good getting it off her chest. Although she doesn't know how Nozipho feels about this because she hasn't said anything.

Zizipho:Nozipho..

She calls her out. Nozipho looks at her and sighs.

Nozipho:I need to call my dad.

She reaches for her phone and call her father.

Nozipho:Tata...
........
Nozipho:Can you come down to Durban? It's urgent.
.......
Nozipho:No I'm not hurt. Please come.
.......
Nozipho:Okay, I will see you tomorrow then.

She hung up and looked at Zizipho.

Nozipho:Honestly I don't know what to say Zee. That's why I called my dad to come here, I will book him a flight for tomorrow morning because a bus takes too long.

Zizipho:He's coming here?

Nozipho:Yes.

She nodded and looked down. She does want to see him, but she's afraid of rejection. What if he wants nothing to do with her? From what she knows, he has a family.

Nozipho realizes that she is overthinking and she hugs her.

Nozipho:Don’t stress. We will fix this. I will be delighted if this is really happening. You would make a great big sister.

She playfully pulls her cheeks.
>
>
>
Later, she returns back home after spending the day with Nozipho.

Sindiswa:Where have you been?

Zizipho:You will not believe what happened today.

Sindiswa:What happened?

Zizipho:I met a girl named Nozipho. Turns out, she's my sister. She called Sipho and he's coming here tomorrow.

Sindiswa:Sipho is coming here!?

She asked almost falling off from the chair.

Zizipho:Yeah, he's coming. I hope he accepts me.

Sindiswa:Sipho is coming here.. Invite him to come here.

Zizipho:Uhh why?

Sindiswa:This is the right place for all of us to talk. Remember he thinks you are dead, so I think we should tell him everything here. With me present.

Zizipho:Okay, I will tell Nozipho. She's so amazing ma, I thought she would chase me out when I told her but she hugged me and showed me pictures of our dad. Here let me show you.

She took her phone and showed her mother the pictures Nozipho sent to her.

Sindiswa took the phone and stared at Sipho's pictures. He still looks the same as he did those years ago. She smiles with a tear dropping from her one eye.

Zizipho:Are you okay?

Sindiswa:Yeah...

Zizipho:I hope you apologize deeply to him mom. You lied to him that I was dead for 23 years. And I really hope you won't do anything to jeopardize his marriage because Nozipho said dad loves his wife.

Sindiswa:I'm older than you Zizipho. Don't talk to me like that.

Zizipho:It's just that you said you still loved him. Please don't do anything to ruin my chances of knowing my father. You have already denied me the opportunity to know him for 23 years. You owe me this much.
.
.
.
.
MKHONTO