23

TEARS OF A ROYAL BLOOD
23

#Sponsored by Jabu

AT NQOBOKA KINGDOM

Madida is with Phazama and he is waiting to hear if Phazama has found the girl.

Madida:I gave you the whole night to find her. What do you mean you can't find her?

Phazama:I mean exactly that. She is hidden from me.

Madida:You are so useless.

Phazama visibly swallowed and looked down.

Madida:You will swallow until you run out of your saliva! Your father never failed me like you do!

He clicked his tongue and walked out.

Phazama:I am not my father.

He said angrily. It pains him that he has to be called a witch because his father left his things with him.
He doesn't want to be a witch, but he is trapped. His father lived for so many years until he faced his demise three years ago. He's not surprised that he made it to that many years. That man was like the vortex of witchcraft. He's sure he's rotting in hell wherever he is.
He sighs and stands up to close the door on his hut.
.
.
.
.
MADIDA

He hates feeling helpless like this. He can't do much because this isn't his body. Mkhonto also wants to come out, and Phazama was right that he's killing him by keeping him inside for this long. He is just frustrated. Things have been smooth for years. Why now is it a problem? The Ntuli ancestors were quiet all along, and now they suddenly want Solwazi to fight their battles? Curse you Makhumalo for giving birth to a pure of heart son. If Solwazi was as power hungry and jealous as Mkhonto, none of this would happen.
Yeah that's right, they just need to turn Solwazi to the bad side and everything will go back to normal, and he can enjoy his eternal torment like he was.
He runs back to Phazama's hut, but for some reason he finds it locked.
He knocks.

Madida:Phazama open for me. Why is it locked?

The door opens and he frowns at him.

Madida:Since when do you lock the door?

Phazama:I was meditating and I didn't want to be disturbed.

He opens the door wider and looks inside. Something was suspicious.
.
.
.
.
.
SOLWAZI

It is the morning and things are just awkward around here. Zee is not talking to anyone. She is angry at him and their mother. He kinds of gets her. She used to confide in him a lot, and sometimes she told him that she thinks Qhawe was not her father because of the way she hated him.

Solwazi:Uhm I have to tell you all something.

This was the right time to tell them everything.

They all stopped what they were doing and looked at him.

Solwazi:When I left home that day, there was a woman I was going to, dad told me to go to her when he was still alive. He said she knows everything about our family and he couldn't tell me because he was ashamed. I went to the woman and she told me something which changed everything.

Thembeka:What did she say?

Solwazi:The Zondos were never royalty. Our great ancestor Madida stole the throne from the Ntulis. Nqoboka was KwaSompisi.

Thembeka:Whoa hold up?

Solwazi:That's what she said. The Zondos are not royalty,meaning we are half royalty because we have our mother's royal blood. That woman said I need to find the Ntulis and give them back their throne. And another thing, Mkhonto has been possessed by the spirit of Madida. He's the one making him do all these things. I'm not sure if our brother is still in there or not. He's wrecking havoc in our home, we may not be royalty but I won't sit by and watch them enjoy what's not theirs.

Thembeka:But Bhuti do you know what this means? We will no longer get the respect of being royalty. And we will have to move out of the royal house and give it back to them.

Solwazi:It's their royal house after all Thembeka. It's not ours. It belongs to them. That's where Ntuli first got killed, killed by Madida. We owe them that much. Who knows how much that family is suffering because of us? Did you ever go to bed hungry?

Thembeka:Cha(No).

Solwazi:Exactly, you had everything you needed. You don't know how they grew up. The throne belongs to them and I'm going to find them and give it back to them. If anyone here wants to go and side with Madida, you are free to do so.

Thembeka:I am on your side.

Zizipho:Me too.

Sindiswa & Khethi:Me too.

He smiled and nodded. Having his family by his side motivated him more that this was the right thing to do.

Luyanda sent him a lead this morning and he's going to check it out. They have no time to waste.
.
.
.
.
KHOLO

The royal house certainly doesn't feel the same anymore without everyone. It is just so quiet and dull, it's actually depressing her. The main house was never vacant like this. Thembeka would be doing something and Mkhonto would get in the room and try to talk with her. Khethi will just be on her phone and sit on the couch watching TV.
Zizipho would randomly pop by every minute and walk out.

She sighs and walks around. It was definitely different.
Getting the Queen mother title did boost her pride and image, but she didn't want this to happen. Everyone is gone and her son had turned into something she doesn't know. She wishes Qhawe was still alive, maybe he would know how to fix all of this.
.
.
.
.
Inside Phazama's hut.

After Madida left, he continued to where he left off.
He was meditating and trying to find the woman they saw.

He suddenly grunts and sneezes so hard.
He shoots his eyes open when it gets to him and he figures it out.

Phazama:I know where she is. And her name.

He smiled to himself and ran out of the hut. He needed a quiet place.
Luckily he has a phone and he has Solwazi's number.
He calls him.

Solwazi:Hello?

Phazama:Hi this is Phazama.

Solwazi:What do you want?

Phazama:I know how you can find the Ntuli family.

Solwazi:And why would I listen to you?

Phazama:I know you don't trust me, but you want to hear what I have to say.

Solwazi sighs on the other end.

Solwazi:Okay, how can I find her?

Phazama:I don't know where she lives but her name is Londiwe Ntuli. She's the one I saw in my uhm...

He can't tell him he saw her on his calabash.

Solwazi:Are you sure?

Phazama:100 %. I need to go before Madida suspects anything. Please find her Solwazi and put an end to this.

He quickly hung up and sighed relieved. At least Solwazi will find her first before Madida gets to her.
He turns around, only to find Madida looking at him with a scary look on his face.

Phazama:I can explain.

He doesn't respond but keep on looking at him.

Madida looks at his royal staff and looks at Phazama.

Phazama:My king this is not what you think.

Madida lifts up his stick and hit him across his face. Phazama staggers to the wall touching his face.
Madida corners him and butchers him with his stick until he falls to the ground and becomes unconscious. Bleeding.
.
.
To be continued..