27

TEARS OF A ROYAL BLOOD
27

*Unedited*

A month later…..

LONDIWE NTULI

All her life, 24 years of her life, all she knows is pain. Misery. Sadness. It’s all she knows and seen. She used to believe her family is cursed because none of them ever have anything good going on in their lives. Her father died when she was young, her and her mother are the only Ntuli family left surviving. All the family members either die or disappear.
She uses humor to hide her pain, because she told herself that it’s actually never going to get better. So why dwell in misery when you could just laugh? Her smile and laugh hides a lot of pain. If only people knew just how much broken she was inside. The tears she has cried. Nothing in her life has gone right. Her mother almost died because of cancer, but she survived. They put her through chemotherapy and luckily it helped, she is still weak but she’s thankful to have her mother with her. She knows life isn’t bubbly but she’s scared of dying. She doesn’t think she’s ready to know what is on the other side.
The only people she has as a friend is Zama, that girl has stuck with her through everything.
She is not working for now, but she is a hustler. She doesn’t sit around all day, she travels to town everyday looking for work. Even if it’s just for a day, if she will get food for her mother it’s fine.

It’s been a month and she has not seen Solwazi. Especially after that bomb he dropped on them. Her and being royal? It must be a joke. She can’t be royal; her family can’t have royal blood. Not after so many years of suffering..

Londi:Ma do you need an extra blanket?

The weather was a bit cold.

Nontombi:No, I’m fine. Sit here.

She sat down.

Nontombi:We need to talk about it.

Londi:No. I don’t want to talk about it.

Nontombi:We can’t run away from it. Solwazi wouldn’t have wasted his time coming here only to lie to us.

Londi:Do you think it’s true mama?

Nontombi:I don’t know, but his story checks out. Your father once told me that there is something that was stolen from the Ntuli family, and he said he would bring it back. He didn’t tell me what it was. I didn’t ask further because it seemed to upset him. He said it was the cause of our generational curse. He left one day on his quest and he came back in a body bag. You were still young then, ten years old. I don’t know what killed him or who, but the police said he had a car accident. But looking at things now, don’t you think that family killed my husband? Your father?

Londi looked at her mother and sighed.

Londi:You should get some rest. Don’t overthink this.

Nontombi:Please call Solwazi and talk to him my daughter. He’s wise and I see a very bright man in him.

She blushed a little. No doubt she was telling the truth. Solwazi just has that thing that captures you into his eyes. It’s like you can just listen to him without him telling you to listen.

Londi:I will call him.

Nontombi:Thank you. I don’t want to die and leave you suffering Londiwe.

Londi:I don’t like it when you talk about death. I have lost too many family members, I don’t want to lose you too.

She said feeling her tears.

Nontombi:I’m not going to leave you. Now go and call him.

She nodded and went to the other room to take her phone.
She dialed his numbers.